General Electric Region Sales Manager- Cell and Gene Therapy in Marlborough, Massachusetts
This role can be located anywhere in the US. We are transforming the future of healthcare and seeking someone who desires a challenging leadership role focused on creating the strategy for a seasoned commercial team. In this key leadership role as the USCAN Sales Leader, You will be evolving our teams,and customers to new levels of integrated solutions-oriented partnerships to drive sales, profitability, across the GE Healthcare Life Sciences Cell & Gene Therapy Business portfolio.
• Build lasting relationships with our customers to enable the alignment of our customers’ strategic focus with our GEHC strategy to contribute to the Precision Health vision. Through deep understanding of the strategy and challenges in the industry and across our customers, you will develop creative solutions and offerings to enable both the customers and GEHC’s long term success.
• Must be able to work collaboratively and lead successfully across many business functions and co-ordinate with other Life Science business leaders who deal with the customer to ensure that optimal communication systems and processes are created across all functions including Account and Sales and Services teams, Enterprise, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Supply Chain.
• Creation of a strategic plan and roadmap that defines where the company and our customers can partner to grow and develop in the Cell & Gene Therapy sector. Partner with our Product and Enterprise teams to understand and build portfolio wide offerings that drive understanding and the delivery of digital solutions, analytics, diagnostic and imaging collaboration, Precision Health, etc. Ensure that the team’s account plans address advanced scenario planning including impacts resulting from changes in the customer's product development pipeline, manufacturing strategy, industry shifts and competitive threats.
• Minimum Education to bachelor’s degree level; strong preference for Masters level ideally in biomanufacturing, business or engineering.
• Extensive experience (7 + years) in Business Management or Sales/Marketing with in depth knowledge of Life Science healthcare industry, decision makers and sales cycles.
• Demonstrated business acumen as exhibited through Business Development, Consulting, Marketing or Commercial experience, ideally in Cell & Gene Therapy sector.
• Financial acumen as demonstrated through ability to interpret and present internal and external financials to reflect overall business and customer drivers and performance.
• Exemplary people management, leadership skills as well as sales coaching & team building skills.
• Advanced negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills,
• High level presentation and interpersonal skills; able to communicate an present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact that builds effective partnerships.
• Ability to energize, develop and build rapport, collaboration and influence at all levels within an organization. Act as inspirational leader with optimism, highly approachable and humble.
• Ability to operate effectively in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment, while maintaining focus and a forward-thinking, customer first attitude.
• Proven account management and project planning skills
Outstanding influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive collaborative culture at all levels
GE Healthcare Life Sciences delivers breakthroughs in tools for drug discovery and
biopharmaceutical manufacturing and the latest in cellular technologies, enabling scientists and
specialists around the world to discover new and better ways to predict, diagnose and treat
disease earlier. The Life Sciences business provides solutions for the production of biopharmaceuticals that help our customers create life-saving drugs and therapies faster.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Marlborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.