Galvion Process Engineering Manager in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Galvion designs, develops, and manufactures ballistic helmets and dynamic power and data management solutions for the modern battlefield. We are a passionate, global, and fast-paced team collaborating with several strategic partners and are committed to enhancing the overall agility and survivability of the modern warfighter and tactical operator.
Galvion has a unique opportunity for an experienced Process Engineering Manager to join growing team in Marlborough, MA. You will work in Manufacturing Operations and support a manufacturing team dedicated to establishing, releasing, and optimizing the manufacturing and quality processes for optical thin film coated parts and subassemblies. This will be a hands-on position. This role is on a 9/80 work week schedule, with every other Friday off.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In this critical and highly visible role, you will foster constructive and collaborative relationships with third party partners and suppliers. In addition, you will collaborate directly with customers to support product development and build-to-print manufacturing.
YOU WILL BE EVALUATED ON YOUR ABILITY TO
• Collaborate with customers on manufacturing process solutions and work closely with the Customer and Quality staff on to identify and solve any issues activities related to process improvement and reliability.
• Work closely with the Galvion R&D team in the development, processing and characterization of materials and required processing.
• Collaborate in the design and construction of testing equipment, fixtures, and methodologies.
• Rapidly establish and optimize the process flow for developing custom thin film, PVD, products and subassemblies.
• Develop workflow and instructions for production and assembly of precision optics.
• Oversee new equipment/instrument design, development, and installation.
• Develop assembly and coating solutions for novel manufacturing processes.
• Monitor and improve performance and quality of products
• Lead process capability actions as required by customers and internal Galvion needs.
• Implement LEAN applications throughout the manufacturing process.
• Develop a strong knowledge of standards and specifications which relate to Galvion's products.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
• Bachelor's degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline and meaningful experience in thin film vapor deposition coating (PVD) design and manufacturing.
• Significant and progressive experience in a manufacturing environment with strong knowledge of automated assembly processes.
• Experience with optical wet coatings, LEAN Manufacturing Methodologies and its implementation, and CAD is a plus.
• An ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize in a highly dynamic environment.
• Self-motivated with a desire to learn and a positive can-do, customer-oriented attitude.
You will work with an experienced and empowering leader and a team of passionate and driven individuals who are making a difference for our modern-day war fighters, law enforcement, and EMS.
Galvion provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Galvion complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.