General Electric Medical Director, Global Pharmacovigilance in Marlborough, Massachusetts
The Medical Director, Global Pharmacovigilance provides medical review comments on adverse event reports for GE Healthcare Core Imaging injectable contrast media and radiopharmaceutical products. This is a key role in the safety surveillance and risk management of our drug and device product. This position reports to the Sr Medical Director, Global Pharmacovigilance and QPPV.
This position has primary accountability for medical soundness and accuracy of individual case safety reports (ICSRs) for Core Imaging development and marketed drug products.
Specific Responsibilities (but are not limited to)
• Clinical trial SAE assessment and reporting responsibility
• Provides medical review comments in the global safety database Argus (current version 8.0.x) on adverse event reports from interventional clinical trials and non-interventional studies. Performs and approves analysis of similar events (AOSE) as required by applicable legislation.
• Provides or reviews and/or approves expectedness lists for development and marketed products in clinical studies.
• Advises or reviews MedDRA coding of events and diseases. Advises the PV Case processing team on study specific data elements.
Postmarketing pharmacovigilance responsibility
• Provides medical review comments in the global safety database Argus (current version 8.0.x) on serious adverse event reports from postmarketing reporting, including reports from scientific literature. Works together with the PV Case processing team on improvement.
• MD,DO, MBBS or relevant clinical degree and 7 years relevant work experience
• Minimum 3 years (a must) of medical review of ICSRs of clinical trial and postmarketing serious adverse events within pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry or service provider
• Experience in case narrative preparation and analysis of similar events AOSE
• Experience with MedDRA
• Strong working knowledge of applicable regulations and ICH guidelines
• Working experience with safety database Argus 8.0.x
• Knowledge of other languages than English
• Experience from clinical practice, experience in conduct of clinical trials
• Experience in other pharmacovigilance tasks (advantage). Examples are safety signal evaluation, review of scientific literature, preparation of risk management plans, preparation of periodic reports (PSUR, DSUR, or PADER)
• Ability to work constructively with individuals on all levels of seniority
• High integrity, sense of urgency, ability to recognize time sensitivity, willingness to work in a matrix environment, willingness to work independently and with team members in different locations and time zones
• Available for domestic and international travel
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more
than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60
years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping
accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with
cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present
and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Sciences at http://www.gelifesciences.com/
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
Sciences at http://goo.gl/AEAOb0
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.