Raytheon Technologies Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Section Manager in Marlborough, Massachusetts
You’re a collaborative and highly skilled Hardware Engineer, who is accomplished, experienced and ready to meet new challenges.
Protecting our nation while advancing the future defense of our world through technical ingenuity excites you.
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is a state-of-the-art technology company because of our creative thinkers. Our employees matter. Your contribution is vital to everything we deliver.
As you cultivate the next phase of your career you will find solutions to complex challenges and have the opportunity to mentor team members by sharing your insight and experience. The RIS culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work. Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future.
Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
The Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) Engineering team has an immediate professional opening for a COTS Hardware Engineering (“Infrastructure”) Section Manager (SM). The team member is responsible for guiding a team of 15-20 Electrical and Systems Engineers and work products through their lifecycle, from inception to sustainment. The SM is expected to ensure work and work products assigned to their section are completed on time and on budget and continuously improve their ability to accomplish the assigned work. The SM is also expected to participate in proposals, roadmap development and growth of the products, and professional development of personnel.
US citizenship required.
The team’s core capabilities are:
• Hardware Requirements Development • COTS-based System Design and Implementation • Engineering support to production and deployment
The primary responsibilities of the COTS Systems Section Manager are:
• Perform key roles on Programs for domestic and international customers • Support the performance and career development of all the members of the section including providing open and honest feedback to all section members and creating plans for developing talent and ensuring adequate resources to meet the skill-set demands of our programs • Oversee and provide guidance on all programs within the section (including monthly program reviews and quarterly Estimate At Complete (EAC) reviews) • Serve as the hardware lead for proposal estimation and writing, including Basis of Estimates (certification required) • Review and approve all proposals for new work within the section • Work with other Mechanical and Electrical Section Managers to ensure the proper staffing of programs and proposals – including future outlook loading • Perform special assignments as required by the Department Manager
• Ability to provide technical direction to a team of engineers for design and implementation activities using COTS-based hardware solutions such as commercial computing platforms and networking appliances • Experience adopting and implementing DevOps tools and processes (Infrastructure build automation, container orchestration, continuous integration pipelines) • Skilled at leading and directing activities of direct report staff • Project management experience • Experience developing detailed infrastructure design artifacts • Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
• 8 years prior relevant experience
• Demonstrated examples of organizational and team development skills • Knowledge of both traditional and private/public cloud infrastructure designs • Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience • Excellent oral and written communication skills • Experience developing and managing product line artifacts
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College and 8 years of related work experience
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs