Roche Bros. Supermarkets Refrigeration & Energy Systems Manager in Mansfield, Massachusetts
The Refrigeration & Energy Systems Manager provides remote and on-site support to monitor, troubleshoot, and modify building automation/energy management systems for HVAC, refrigeration, water, and lighting controls for all 22 Massachusetts Locations. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of retail and/or industrial-grade refrigeration technician experience and exposure to client-vendor contract agreements with both energy providers and service vendors. This position requires the ability to use root-cause analysis, preventative maintenance scheduling, continuity planning design, contract negotiations, and the ability to be on call 24/7 for emergency support.
We’re based in Mansfield, MA in our new Corporate Office! Come Join a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe!
• Must be 21 years or older
• 2-3 years of experience as a Refrigeration Service Technician or equivalent title
• College degree or certificate in engineering, construction management, business administration; or related experience with capital improvement projects preferred.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
• Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to be able to communicate with multiple levels of associates and management.
• Knowledge of supermarket construction, refrigeration operations, plumbing, heating ventilation, and lighting.
• Ability to work independently and meet timelines under pressure.
• Must possess strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, as well as software programs for monitoring/reporting as well as costing.
• Authorization to Work in the U.S.
• Successful completion of pre-employment/promotion drug screen and or criminal background check. (Timeline must fall within Company guidelines.)
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
• Maximize equipment reliability and operational performance.
• Support our stores 24/7 when energy-related emergencies arise that interrupt business operations.
• Manage multiple refrigeration/electrical maintenance contractors. Drive efforts to ensure safe operation, optimize equipment performance, mitigate downtime risk, and support proactive maintenance.
• Direct outsourced vendors daily to ensure that equipment is operating to maximum safety and efficiency standards. Scheduling all preventive maintenance procedures.
• Make certain service contracts are negotiated and fulfilled.
• Actively participate in our Call Center and follow up on all documentation.
• Monitor and report critical cost changes.
• Interact with Store Management and Store Associates to fulfill requests as well as communicate where improvements are needed. Ensuring Roche Bros. systems are operating.
• Periodically re-tender or benchmark contracts to ensure Roche Bros. is getting value for money. Maintain and update the equipment and asset lists needed to send out for tenders as equipment gets changed, replaced or new items are added.
• Ensure compliance with all required testing/inspections by regulatory agencies. Maintain records and certificates of compliance.
• Perform complex project management work including the administration of a repair and preventive improvement program.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Work in a style that is Respectful, Supportive, and Team-oriented (RSTO) with the “Golden Rule” in Mind
• Act with integrity and honesty in all business and social contacts with vendors.
• Plan, manage, supervise, direct, coordinate, and evaluate the work of contracted personnel.
• Motivate, develop, and direct vendors as they work, identifying the best vendors for the job.
• Issue and track multiple work orders while monitoring work orders assigned by others.
• Use ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
• Inspect materials and workmanship for safety hazards or problems.
• Establish long-range objectives and specify the strategies and actions needed to achieve fiscal responsibility.
• Consider the relative cost and benefit of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Understand, interpret, and enforce compliance with plans, specifications, bid documents, and contract provisions.
• Analyze and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Maintain records for all equipment purchases.
• Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.
• Respond promptly to all phone calls, emails, and letters.
• Exercise expense control when incurring personal expenses, scheduling store visits, and making effective use of these visits.
• Evaluate and compare equipment for purchase regarding use and cost.
• Coordinate purchases with Director.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Physical Demands and Safety Risk Factors: The physical demands and safety risk factors of the job listed below may occur during each work shift and are listed according to their frequency.
Carrying up to 50 lbs, Pushing up to 300 lbs, Lifting up to 50lbs, Pulling up to 300lbs, Climbing up to 6ft, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Driving
1-33% (O) Occasionally
Sitting, Balancing, Stooping, Feeling, Smelling
34-66% (F) Frequently
Standing on a tile or concrete floor, Walking, Handling, Talking, Seeing, Hearing
67-100% (C) Continuously
Safety Risk Factors
Loud noise, hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), contact with sharp object and skin irritants, toxic exposure (see material safety data sheet), nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
1-33% (O) Occasionally
Twisting of back and neck, slippery or cluttered floor surfaces
34-66% (F) Frequently
Machines, tools, and equipment utilized:
All department equipment necessary, including but not limited to: computer programs, phones/paging system, approved cleaning supplies, safety knives, u-boat, power tools, etc.
Repetitive Action: Continuous movement of the entire body.
Working Conditions: Working environment is inside and outside with possible exposure to cold and hot temperatures that may be wet and humid.
Job ID: 2020-2747
External Company URL: fike
Street: 11 Hampsire Street