Actalent Mechanical Engineer - Medical Engineer NPD in Mansfield, Massachusetts
The Mechanical Engineer will work with other personnel to design and characterize innovative medical devices, and assist with product testing and validation. Along with management and engineering staff, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for various aspects of product development including mechanical design, materials procurement, feasibility hardware fabrication, and development and execution of characterization testing. Product validation activities will include test protocol development, participation in product testing, and test report preparation.
• Participate in the mechanical design and development of various medical devices.
• Generate solid models, drawings and specifications.
• Prepare and execute characterization and environmental tests to verify the design and performance of the devices.
• Interface with vendors for critical component selection and tool qualification
• Generate process engineering documentation to insure proper transfer of product line into manufacturing
• Define and develop processes related to the design, analysis, test, manufacture, quality and productivity
ISO 13485, Product Development, SolidWorks, medical device, FDA QSR, mechanical design, product testing
• 3-6 years of product design/development experience.
• Ability to deliver results tasked on a project schedule and interface with client expectations.
• Experience with solid modeling software such as Solid Works required.
• Experience in the medical device industry preferred.
• A working understanding of FDA QSR and ISO-13485 principles and demonstrated skill in integrating these into the engineering discipline.
• Functions efficiently as both a team member and independently with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Demonstrated verbal communication and technical writing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Requires a motivated individual that is able to work with minimal supervision.
• B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs