Teleflex Engineering Project Manager in Mansfield, Massachusetts
Engineering Project Manager
Date: Oct 31, 2023
Location: Mansfield, MA, US
Expected Travel : Up to 10%
Requisition ID :9265
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM – Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
This Mansfield, MA-based Engineering Project Manager for Product Development and Sustaining is responsible for overseeing and managing the planning, coordination, and execution of various projects within the Teleflex Medical OEM Performance Fibers business unit. This role will focus on driving the successful completion of projects related to product development, manufacturing transfers, cost improvements, material changes, and other sustaining or development initiatives. The Project Manager will collaborate with cross-functional teams, ensure resource allocation, monitor project timelines, and maintain clear communication to project stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
• Define project scope and objectives for product development and sustaining initiatives.
• Develop comprehensive project plans, strategies, and schedules to guide project execution.
• Estimate project costs, allocate resources, and manage budget constraints.
• Implement structured project risk management, identifying potential risks, risk response plans, and continuous risk monitoring throughout the project lifecycle.
• Identify and address interdependencies, business risks, and factors that may impact project success.
• Manage the project portfolio, tracking performance metrics and generating reports to assess project status and resource allocation.
• Coordinate necessary resources to ensure projects are completed within defined timelines and budgets.
• Provide leadership and support to project teams, fostering professional development and interpersonal collaboration.
• Ensure successful introduction of new products and smooth transfer of production processes across facilities.
• Direct and coordinate project activities, ensuring progress within set schedules and budgets, while adhering to design control standards.
• Contribute to the establishment of project management tools and standards, overseeing their implementation and continuous improvement.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Sales, Marketing, and other shared resources, to align project schedules, compliance and ensure success.
• Manage procurement of production tooling, equipment, and coordinate participation from suppliers and Teleflex personnel.
• Facilitate implementation of manufacturing processes, both in-house and with suppliers.
• Determine cost of devices, parts, tooling, and process equipment, and contribute to capital purchase justifications.
• Generate project status reports to inform management, customers, and stakeholders of progress, issues, and contingency plans.
• Provide technical guidance and innovative problem-solving support to project teams.
• Manage change requests and scope creep, communicating potential impacts to stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain technical and project documentation in alignment with design control procedures.
Education / Experience Requirements
• BS in Engineering discipline, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of related Medical Device experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience leading teams and/or managing technical projects.
• Broad engineering knowledge in manufacturing operations, including new product introduction, cost reduction, and quality improvements.
• PMP certification is preferred.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Versed in design controls and capable of effectively managing development and project activities to achieve expected outcomes.
• Demonstrates expertise in Project Management skills, and is able to apply skills to individual projects as well as those with interdependencies.
• Is able to identify project needs and uses "big picture" thinking in troubleshooting and coordinating activities.
• Can independently and effectively develop communication strategies, and deliver on them.
• Employs a systematic structured approach to problem solving.
• Consistently demonstrates ability to identify and engage in opportunity in business and project management.
• Demonstrates ability to effectively guide team towards customer focused activities and solutions.
• Has a strong functional background of working within quality systems in the field and can effectively support the system through leading the team/peers.
• Excellent leadership, technical and communication skills required.
• This position is highly visible within the organization and must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and with customers.
• Self-starter with strong proactive work ethic, well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Proven ability to influence across boundaries, drive collaboration and lead change.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project required.
• Capable of working independently, yet quickly and clearly communicate issues, risks and risk response plans to company management.
• A quick learner and an effective listener, learning and understanding project management best practices and processes.
• Strong initiative and sense of urgency about meeting scheduled project deliverables.
• Demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices.
• Analyze complex, technical and administrative problems and adopt an effective course of action.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to take ownership and accountability for ultimate project outcomes.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approx. 15%
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 877-880-8588 or Talent@Teleflex.com.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Teleflex Jobs