Paradigm Precision Quality Inspector - 1st Shift in Malden, Massachusetts
Paradigm Precision specializes in producing complex and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing and unmanned aerial vehicles. We are recognized for quality products and we're committed to employee safety.
Quality Inspector - 2nd **Shift: Monday - Friday, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm -
Great People. Since our inception, Paradigm Precision's success has been due to the skills and commitment of talented, committed people. We're seeking the best talent to build for the future. We are looking for individuals who love the work they do. We strive to make our workplace one in which individuals feel challenged, fulfilled and able to reach their full potential. Here at Paradigm Precision, you'll be a member of our team, contributing to serving customers who are leaders in their industries, such as GE Aerospace and Rolls Royce.
The QA Inspector primary responsibilities include 1st piece, in-process and final inspection on complex components. Performs inspection and quality control procedures with regard to purchased material, in-process material and finished products to assure that quality control standards and manufacturing specifications are achieved. Approves items within specifications and prepares documentation of items not meeting standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect incoming materials & parts from customers by means of visual and mechanical tools.
- Provide in-process inspection of each production operation to perform documentation audit for completeness prior to release of job to subsequent production operations
- Complete finished products inspection prior to release to shipping. Inspect finished products by confirming parts are in conformance to all drawing characteristics & specifications
- Use a variety of conventional and advanced inspection devices to verify dimensions to drawing specifications
- Prepare products and related paperwork for presentation to customer or source inspection. Maintain records, data and information as required in the quality system.
Perform calibration of measuring & test equipment. Ensure measurement & test equipment is within calibration & operating properly; calling for calibration & repair as needed Requirements:
Experience inspecting precision parts is required
- Proficiency in all basic surface plate inspection methods and able to work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of various types of metals including castings and forgings
- Experience building gauges and other instruments to verify dimensions
- Working knowledge and skills in geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Proficient at reading and understanding blueprints, sketches and detailed parts specifications
- Inspector must have a firm understanding of ISO9001/AS9100 quality systems and requirements.
- Inspector must be proficient in basic computer applications.
- Must possess strong communication experience and skills
- Inspectors with six sigma and lean manufacturing experience a plus
- CMM programming experience preferred Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess ability to communicate verbally, in writing and have the ability to hear
- Role requires ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop and crouch as well as sit on occasion
- Must have ability to lift / move up to 30 pounds and occasionally may be required to lift / move up to 30 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, crouch and sit on occasion
- Must have the ability to regularly stand and walk
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, twist at the waist and neck flexion
- Must have the ability to push/pull objects distances of up to 15 feet
- Must have the ability to grasp and grip to lift and carry equipment Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.
Please apply at our career page:http://paradigmprecision.com/careers -- you'll find our opportunities under Malden MAjob openings.
Title: Quality Inspector - 1st Shift
Country: United States
Department: Quality Assurance