State of Massachusetts Licensure Call Center Customer Service Rep in Malden, Massachusetts
The Licensure Call Center Customer Service Representative is an integral part of the Office of Educator Licensure (OEL), processing telephonic, fax and “ticket” notifications, and requests from Licensure stakeholders and districts. The Customer Service representative utilizes organizational and communication skills, knowledge of licensure requirements, and collaborative interactions with stakeholders to facilitate efficient and timely requests.
The Customer Service Representative focuses on providing technical assistance and relevant information to callers to assist them in having pertinent information essential to obtain appropriate licensure for working as an educator in Massachusetts. The Customer Service representative works primarily by telephone using ELAR to ensure that all necessary information is received so that an optimal review can be conducted in a timely fashion. The Representative provides advice and direction to the caller about the licensure process and demonstrates an understanding of licensure requirements and department goals.
The Office of Education Licensure (OEL) seeks individuals to perform the following key responsibilities:
• Provide courteous and professional phone support to callers, whether they need help with licensure procedures or requirements
• Assist educators and prospective educators through the various routes and types of Licensure;
• Answer questions about the status of the caller’s application;
• Enter updated information as requested;
• Obtain accurate information from educators and prospective educators by answering telephone calls and asking relevant questions;
• Determine eligibility by comparing information to licensure requirements;
• Inform educators and prospective educators by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information;
• Perform related duties as required such as general office functions including but not limited to processing (opening, sorting and scanning) mail and modifying applications such as performing name and credential changes;
Verify eligibility, collect demographic and pertinent information, and document results in the computer system
Communicate with callers regarding any necessary decision data.
Communicate with OEL to ensure appropriate information is being disseminated.
Manage workload within regulatory requirements and mandated timeframes for processing applications and renewals
Handle confidential information consistent with department policies and regulatory requirements
Assist in refinement and implementation of unit workflows to enhance efficiency and support unit/department goals
Assist implementation of all processes and programs in accordance with business plans to provide quality customer service to all customers;
Engage in cross-training to develop the variable skills necessary to support all licensure responsibilities within the program coordinator 1 title.
• Handle customer inquiries both over the phone, email/ticket and/or fax;
• Research required information using available resources;
• Manage and resolve customer complaints/questions;
• Provide educators and prospective educators with accurate information;
• Identify and escalate priority issues;
• Route calls to appropriate resource, if/when the call requires;
• Provide follow up to educators and prospective educators calls where necessary;
• Document call information according to standard operating procedures;
• Other duties as assigned;
• Attend OEL staff meetings and other required meetings to stay informed of any changes to policy, procedures or regulations;
• Other duties as assigned.
• HS Diploma/GED, required; Associate Degree, preferred
• Record of excellent attendance & punctuality
• Comfort working in a high volume & fast paced call center environment
• Ability to answer calls/faxes, inquiries & requests with a sense of urgency
• Superb attention to details and ability to meet deadlines
• Customer service training or previous Call Center experience, highly desired
• Knowledge in Licensure Terminology, strongly preferred
• Strong communication, telephone & writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Computer Programs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to exercise sound judgment
• Ability to be resilient and adapt to changing work priorities
• Ability to work as an effective team member
• Ability to deal with stressful situations professionally
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional, administrative or managerial experience in business administration, business management or public administration the major duties of which involved program management, program administration, program coordination, program planning and/or program analysis, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
II. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Administrative Services
Organization: *Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Title: Licensure Call Center Customer Service Rep
Location: Massachusetts-Malden - 75 Pleasant Street
Requisition ID: 20000778