General Electric Software Engineer in Lynn, Massachusetts
The Software Engineer is responsible for helping design and implement cloud-based SW services to support scalable and safe operations of unmanned aerial systems. The services which support web portal, mobile devices, and ground stations, provide users the ability to access information and plan operations in coordination with a cloud/web-based airspace management system. A successful candidate for this position is expected to design and implement SW services delivers fast service response times.
This position expects that the candidate can work in teams, and integrate SW designs and code with others. The ability to define and fulfill SW development tasks, and delivering in accordance with fast paced development schedules is important. Familiarity with agile development principles and tools is also necessary.
Specifically, you will:
• Be responsible for developing cloud-based SW services for web portal, mobile devices, and ground stations in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development and infrastructure
• Participate as a team member with other developers in planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and can implement them using language of choice
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Must have previous related internship experience
• Must be willing to travel 10%
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Boston, MA
• Hands-on experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker, Maven and Jenkins
• Experience with the practices of an Agile development process.
• Use of documentation, collaboration, and version control tools
AiRXOS is a part of GE Aviation focused on creating technologies to enable and scale commercial unmanned aerial and autonomous flight operations. AiRXOS has access to unparalleled resources through partnerships with GE’s Global Research Center, GE Digital, and GE Aviation Systems. AiRXOS technologies are enabling new drone-based applications and operations in a variety of industries. AiRXOS offers a great work environment and the opportunity to create technologies that will bring exciting changes to the future of aviation and autonomy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Boston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- General Electric Jobs