General Electric Project Management Manager 2 - Site/Installation Op in Lynn, Massachusetts
The Solar Project Manager will report to the Managing Director of Project Management, lead the project team during the execution phase of the project and will be the focal point for GE solar projects executed in eastern half of North America. This position will execute projects with a focus on schedule, budget, safety, quality and communication. The candidate for this role will be a collaborative team player with exceptional communication skills and can work autonomously and self-directed.
As the Solar Project Manager, you will manage the execution for the design and build out of commercial solar projects with a focus on the following aspects:
• Lead team through the execution phase of the project by hosting regular team meetings, ensure design, procurement, inspections, site visits and other aspects of project
execution is being conducted on time to ensure proper project close out.
• Engage cross-functional teams (e.g., field operations, sourcing, logistics, project finance, engineering, manufacturing, project controls, contract management) to ensure
successful project execution
• Create and manage all aspects of the project schedule as it relates to permitting, material purchase and delivery and the construction process.
• Manage to multiple deadlines, included but not limited to internal, customer and third party requirements.
• Manage budget with the purpose of minimizing the undesirable impact of unexpected changes while maximizing opportunities for margin enhancement through material
purchases and subcontracting relationships, negotiations and improving construction and delivery process.
• Maximize cash flow by aggressively adhering to the project invoicing schedule and ensures the team accurately documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-
builts, change orders and claims.
• Create project cost estimates and negotiate with subcontractors. Negotiate with owner initiated extra work, change of scope items, and contract deletions to maximize
• Execute the project through the use of the GE Solar Quality Management and Assurance Program
• Establish regular communication with customer, deal team and subcontractor teams to guarantee a smoothly run project, continuously resolve issues, and ensure that all
stakeholders are up to speed on project.
• Regularly report to manager on project metrics to forecast of cash flow and revenue recognition.
• Serve as primary site level customer contact during project execution phase.
• Ensure that project is constructed safely and in compliance with site and GE safety program. Work with GE safety officer on audit and safety evaluation process.
• Ensure all safety material and documentation is onsite
• Review, negotiate and build project to the specifics within the governing contract and ensure all deliverables are completed and contract nuances are understood and
• Actively develops client relations to generate opportunities for new work.
• Actively participate in marketing and estimating functions to develop, capture plans, teaming strategies, technical approach and bid strategies, necessary, adapting and
• Manage system commissioning and close out.
• Exceptional Communication Skills
• Project management experience in the solar industry
• Ability to work remotely and independently and be a self-starter
• General Construction experience
• High level of project construction knowledge and subcontractor relationships
• Ability to travel
• Related field with 5-8 years of experience or equivalent.
• Experience dealing with federal, state and local agencies for various permits and entitlements
• Demonstrated skills in project planning software (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
• Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
• Project management or other experience in power generation industries
• Experience dealing successfully with customs
• Financial forecasting experience
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.