General Electric Lynn Plant Support-Facilities/Safety in Lynn, Massachusetts
Provide planning support to the Facilities / Safety team.
• Monitoring / Auditing vendor agreements and all subsequent billing (i.e.: K&S agreement for Inventory and spares support)
• Budget Coordinator for existing Expense Items for Machine Maintenance and for eventual Plant Expenses when this group takes on those budgets
• Maintain Master Machine Maintenance List ( Showing Measurements and Performance to existing metrics
• MAXIMO Preventative Maintenance Coordinator (i.e. work order generation, advanced material procurement to support PMs)
• Work to blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions
• Troubleshoot process issues
• Provide direction to other skilled employees involved with development and production
• Input JSA (job safety analysis) into Gensuite
• Lead safety initiatives and order necessary safety equipment and PPE.
• Participate in safety corrective actions and follow-up planning
• Perform other related duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college OR Associate degree with a minimum of 2 years in manufacturing experience OR a High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience; All manufacturing experience must be specifically machining, assembly, machine repair or inspection
• Previous experience in safety/crafts and or facility role
• Proficient in shop mathematic i.e. geometry and trigonometry, blueprint reading, geometric dimensioning and tolerances
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
• Apprentice graduate
• Machining experience, NC and/or manual
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to comprehend, formulate and work to a “Check-book” mentality with a weekly burn rate, for each plant serviced by this centralized group.
• Basic Understanding of the cost accounting system as it applies to Bullet Train Budgets and Accruals
• Experience in tooling and fixturing, tooling vendors, Maximo generation.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction - self-starter.
• Ability to interface with various levels of management (i.e., Design Engineering and Project) and also shop floor workforce.
• Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
• Ability to receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines; punctuality and attendance standards, etc.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.