General Electric Lynn Methods/Tooling in Lynn, Massachusetts
In this role, you will :
Work to blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce development hardware
• Work to blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce development hardware
• Perform in-process dimensional checks, including CMM operations/set up
• Troubleshoot process issues
• Create development/production planning and support revisions of production planning as appropriate for process changes.
• Provide direction to other skilled employees involved with development and production
• Contribute to process improvement efforts on mature hardware with similar support
• Perform other related duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college OR Associate degree with a minimum of 2 years in manufacturing experience OR a High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience; All manufacturing experience must be specifically machining, assembly, machine repair or inspection
•Proficient in shop mathematic i.e. geometry and trigonometry, blueprint reading, geometric dimensioning and tolerances
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional Eligibility Requirement
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
•Strong oral and written communication skill
•Experience in tooling and fixturing, STAS, tooling vendors, Maximo generation
•Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction - self-starter
•Ability to interface with various levels of management (i.e., Design Engineering and Project) and also shop floor workforce
•Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others
•Ability to receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines; punctuality and attendance standards, etc.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- General Electric Jobs