Renesas Staff RF/Wireless Design Engineer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Staff RF/Wireless Design Engineer
Company: Renesas Electronics America Inc.
Business Unit: IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit
Office: US, Westford, MA (REA)
Job Function: Operation
Job Type: Permanent
Renesas is a global semiconductor company providing hardware and software solutions for a range of cutting-edge technologies including self-driving cars, robots, automated factory equipment, and smart home applications. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas is a global, multi-billion dollar, publicly-traded company headquartered in Japan, and has subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide.
Renesas is a dynamic, multi-cultural technology company where employees learn, mentor, innovate and thrive. Renesas is extending our share in fast-growing data economy-related markets such as infrastructure and data center, and strengthening our presence in the industrial/IOT and automotive segments. Our solutions drive products developed by major innovators around the world. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics.
Use the latest SiGe, SOI and GaAs technologies to design Switch + LNAs, GaAs HBT driver amplifiers, variable & digital attenuators, multi-chip modules, and highly-integrated, multi-channel gain control chains.
• Use 3D-EM analysis (HFSS) to develop and model multi-layer LGA and QFN package models to co-simulated with RF circuit designs
• Use Cadence/ADS/HFSS to design design/layout RF circuits and integrated architectures while driving design completion to schedule
• Combine circuit analysis and bench measurement skills to debug and solve problems that arise during the engineering development phase
• Collaborate with Marketing and Design Manager to define technically competitive product specifications
• Manage and share detailed technical results and proactively support cross-functional groups involved with the product
• Lead projects through the engineering development stage; must be familiar with test hardware and capable performing bench measurements during the RFIC design validation phase
• 5+ years of industrial RF/Analog IC design and development experience or equivalent
• Innovative mindset with solid fundamentals in RF/Analog design
• Fluent in either ADS and/or Cadence Virtuoso and Spectre RF design environments
• Skilled in electromagnetic simulators such as Momentum, EMX, and HFSS
• Hands-on experience using RF test equipment and strong circuit debugging skills
• Able to work independently and together within a team environment
• Solid organizational skills with attention to details
• Good communication, presentation skills and effective team work
• Curious and aspires to overcome design challenges – driven to learn and succeed personality
- Experience with high power, high IM3, low loss SOI switches will be highly considered
BSEE with 8 years' experience, MSEE with 6 years' experience or Ph.D. with 3 years' experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
- Renesas Jobs