Kronos Senior Technical Support Engineer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Kronos is seeking a Senior Software Support Engineer to join our Device Management Team in our Lowell Headquarters. We are a highly collaborative group of professionals working in an Agile environment. Our team develops enterprise software that integrates intelligent devices with our workforce management systems.
• Lead matrixed engineering, operations and support teams to drive timely, comprehensive resolution of complex application and technical challenges; providing appropriate communication and coordination throughout the process.
• Provide product and technical support, resolving the most complex technical issues requiring in-depth analysis, interacting with field and software engineers, product support and customer personnel to isolate and work around software bugs, correct systems level problems, etc.
• Develop and maintain regular overall reporting of support endeavors.
• Develop and drive SLAs for all support endeavors with all stakeholders.
• Engage with operations for environment concerns including infrastructure, networking, security and configuration endeavors.
• Manage development and delivery of timely quality solutions driving customer satisfaction.
• Lead activities to troubleshoot, analyze and solve complex customer issues
• Effectively communicate issues, status and progress to all stakeholder across geographies.
• Report design, reliability and maintenance issues with appropriately proposed solutions.
• Create tests, tools, diagnostic procedures and best practices for use by product support personnel and customers.
• Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience with a support focus.
• Demonstrable and applicable engineering and support experience with strong support skills.
• Ability to lead in a fast-paced matrixed environment, organizing resources at all levels of the organization to quickly and efficiently solve complex issues.
• Must have concise and exceptional verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Working knowledge of development life cycles, cloud hosting, security, and networking is required.
• Experience developing software in C/C++ and full-stack Java, including for Android and/or Linux Embedded Systems, desirable.
• Experience with TCP/IP, HTTP, JSON, XML, SSL, Linux Kernel, GCC for ARM and embedded web browsers is strongly desired.
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.