Kronos Design Manager in Lowell, Massachusetts
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA, Providence - Rhode Island - USA
Exciting opportunity for an exceptionally talented Design Manager to join an influential team at one of Greater Boston’s “Best Places to Work” according to Glassdoor, The Boston Globe and Fortune. The Design Manager will be a leader on the team and should have deep and demonstrated experience in creative development, management, and core graphic design disciplines, including layout, color, and typography; qualified candidates should be able to successfully use this knowledge to execute compelling creative for UKG and art direct a small team of graphic designers. They must be well-organized, self-motivated, self-managed, and have excellent presentation and communication skills – both verbal and written.
This position requires innovative thinking, knowledge of our business, leadership, and the ability to communicate and influence design decisions along with the direction of creative team members and business partners. The candidate must exude efficiency and energy to fit in a fast-paced environment that is constantly reacting to evolving business needs.
The Design Manager will be responsible for ensuring that their teams’ creative projects meet business objectives and deliverable dates, and that creative is on-brand, style guides are adhered to, and a high creative quality is met. The ability to work with enthusiasm, both independently and collaboratively as part of a team is critical. This role will need to partner closely with the Associate Creative Director and other senior creative leadership to ideate and solve day-to-day creative needs. They will also be responsible for maintaining excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and business partners to continually develop and evolve the team so that it meets business needs while maintaining brand and design standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead a small team of graphic designers with a focus on high-end creative work, brand guidelines, and stakeholder timelines, along with personal development to thoughtfully evolve the UKG brand
• Proactively surface and solve creative and marketing process challenges
• Develop creative for print, including events and trade shows, direct mail, brochures, invitations, and infographics
• Develop creative for digital, including web, UX, social, email, and video
• Collaborate and brainstorm creative solutions with team
• Provide creative expertise and leadership, mentor and inspire designers
• Build, develop, and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to empower team to actively solve any request with brand-first innovation and efficiency
• Maintain and evolve team processes for success within the broader marketing system
• Create, enhance, and maintain style and brand guidelines
• Demonstrate exceptional presentation skills and ability to effectively work with partners to brainstorm, strategize, design, and execute marketing programs
• Manage and track multiple projects simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of design management experience in agency and/or corporate environment
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, etc.)
• Illustration, icon development, infographic, and motion graphic experience a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
• 7-10 years of experience designing print and digital media from concept to completion including wireframes, mockups, storyboards, etc.
• 7-10 years of experience translating marketing and strategic briefs into engaging print and digital creative strategies.
• A portfolio link or samples must be provided for consideration
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kronos, a UKG Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
View The EEO is the Law poster at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and its supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Kronos participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here at https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email KronosCareers@kronos.com or please call1 (978) 250 9800.
- Kronos Jobs