UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Category Manager, Technology in Lowell, Massachusetts
Category Manager, Technology
Travel Amount Required:
Up to 25%
Lowell - Massachusetts - United States, Weston - Florida - United States
Description & Qualifications
UKG is looking for an exceptional Technical Category Manager who will serve as a strategic and trusted partner to senior leaders within the EPIC (Engineering, Product, IT, Cloud) organization. You will do this through engagement with the business, process consulting, effective communication, and execution.
This role should foster key relationships with UKG technical leadership, Strategic Sourcing teammates, and key external suppliers.
Specifically, you will:
• Advise key stakeholders in prioritization of the portfolio of initiatives impacting Product Architecture, Network and Applications Infrastructure, and IT Service Management teams based on evolving market trends.
• Lead analysis of the technology function’s current and future-state capabilities and solutions to detect gaps and recommend solutions for improvement and modernization.
• Maintain knowledge of current category trends, strategic supplier roadmaps, supplier capabilities and changes within the supplier and technology landscape for traditional and emerging solutions
• Facilitating meetings to discuss initiatives and business/ strategy and delivering informative, well-organized presentations.
• Drive and develop should-cost and total cost of ownership models for the category and ensure alignment of category plans and strategies to business priorities and functions
• Identify areas of opportunity to create efficiencies, reduce total cost of ownership for key products and/or services, and enhance UKG product offerings
• Conduct market analyses, model internal demand patterns, and influence senior leaders to consider alternative solutions
• Build reputation as a subject matter expert for Technology market dynamics.
• Broaden Procurement’s impact by developing the Tech Innovation Pipeline (“TIP”): a cross-functional steering committee tasked with evaluating new and emerging technologies
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in Information Technology – specifically knowledge of public clouds, IaaS, SaaS, or an equivalent mix of education and experience.
• Strong consulting skills; customer-oriented approach in managing communications, conflict, and issues.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate in a clear, constructive, and professional manner.
• Comfortable working with senior business leaders and their teams.
• Ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, using a variety of contexts and data
• Knowledge of the key directional trends and emerging technologies in the IT industry. Includes knowledge of the key vendors, their strategic and tactical plans, and internal /external advisory services preferred.
#Weston, FL #Lowell, MA
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com.
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
- UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Jobs