Digital Prospectors Material Requirements Planning Specialist in Lexington, Massachusetts
Material Requirements Planning Specialist
Job Type: Contract
Recruiter: Steve Merriman (https://digitalprospectors.com/our-team/steve-merriman)
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Mechanical Planner
Location : Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
* Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance is desired.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Fabrication Engineering Group seeks a talented, creative, and motivated Mechanical Planner to strengthen the Group’s ability to provide rapid and innovative fabrication solutions. The successful candidate will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team consisting of program teams, internal shop operations, external vendors, and other group members to lead end-to-end assembly of custom-designed mechanical parts and assemblies for prototype systems. The successful candidate has the ability to work in many exciting areas such as procurement, fabrication and assembly, program management, research and technology development and operations management. He/she will also have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of a state-of-the-art fabrication capability through the implementation of advanced digital engineering processes and the design of a new engineering and prototyping facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversee end-to-end execution of procurement, fabrication, and assembly jobs, working closely with shop supervisors, vendors, and engineering teams
• Utilize knowledge of advanced fabrication processes to develop complex custom-designed parts
• Demonstrate ownership and responsiveness to ensure quality parts are delivered on time to meet program schedules
• Review engineering drawings and Bills of Materials - assess need dates, cost, lead time, feasibility to meet design requirements, and readiness to start build
• Drive procurement and assembly start to meet program schedules
• Lead make/buy decisions for mechanical parts with shop supervisors and engineering team
• Collaborate with engineering team on assembly procedure development and generate route information to properly plan fabrication/assembly steps
• Develop initial delivery dates based on historical data, feedback from vendors and supervisors, scheduling tools, and program schedules
• Work with engineering team to provide forecast of upcoming work and update priority jobs for internal shops
• Report on job status to engineering team, especially critical path components and assemblies
• Utilize existing processes and systems such as SAP to properly enter all transactions and report status
• Drive all vendor related activities to ensure successful part delivery
• Assist management team with continual improvement of both internal and external fabrication processes and utilization of new digital engineering tools
• Apply exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate ability to thrive in a fast-paced engineering environment
Desired experience in:
• Digital engineering methodologies and data systems
• Custom mechanical part and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf part planning, sourcing, and procurement
• Mechanical part fabrication planning, routing, tracking, and production control
• Conducting manufacturability reviews of mechanical parts
• Hands-on experience machining custom-designed parts
• SAP, SolidWorks, SolidWorks or other mechanical CAD software, model based definition, and product lifecycle management tools
• Aerospace or national laboratory materials management
• Desired Bachelor’s degree or Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar technical field,
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “ Best Staffing Firm to Temp For ” by Staffing Industry Analysts, " Best of Staffing " for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, " Top Temporary Placement Firm " by Boston Business Journal, " Best Company To Work For " by Business NH magazine, " Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing ” by TechServe Alliance, " Top IT Services Company " by Inc. Magazine, " Most Reliable Staffing Agency " in Forbes Magazine and " Top Ranked Staffing Firm " by Staffing Industry Analysts.
- Digital Prospectors Jobs