MIT Lincoln Laboratory Assistant Operations Manager in Lexington, Massachusetts
The Facility Services Department is focused on maintaining a safe, clean, and effective environment for the Laboratory community as well as providing the infrastructure that aligns with and supports the research initiatives in a high quality, and cost effective manner. The operations team in our department provides the hands-on skill and expertise to enable our stewardship of the facilities. Functionally they engage in the maintenance and upkeep of electrical and mechanical systems, HVAC, grounds, custodial, construction, and more.
The Assistant Manager for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) is responsible for assisting the O&M Manager in the leadership, supervision, and oversight for all aspects of the O&M section of the Facilities Service Department. This includes electrical, HVAC, custodial, grounds, construction, as well as assuming overall responsibility for the maintenance, upkeep, and stewardship of MIT Lincoln Laboratory’s physical assets. The O&M Assistant Manager assists in the management and guidance of 10 first line supervisors and approximately 95 union trade personnel on a 24/7, 365-day basis. The Assistant Manager works collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external constituents, including all Lincoln Lab departments, Hanscom Air Force Base engineering, and numerous contractors, as well as playing an important role across campus in providing the most advantageous work environment for Lab employees. Responsibilities include oversight and coordination of various contracts, including landscaping, trash removal, recycling, custodial services, snow removal, parking garage maintenance, and roadway and parking lot upkeep and repair. The Assistant Manager supports the O&M Manager in union negotiations and contract issues, and provides feedback on supervisory and union personnel performance reviews.
• Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, or similar field and five or more years of related experience.
• Relevant work experience specific to a research and development laboratory/university setting.
• Working knowledge of relevant policies, codes and best practices, including but not limited to ADA compliance, as well as federal, state, and commercial building codes. Active involvement in related professional association(s).
• Ability to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate facilities work of substantial difficulty.
• Experience with building management, facilities management, and work order systems, such as SAP, Continuum, Struxureware, and Automated Logic.
• Experience in supervising a union workforce, preferably in a laboratory/academic setting desirable.
• Planning, financial management, organizational, and supervisory skills.
• Leadership of a diverse work team, with the ability to anticipate and determine resolutions to a variety of issues.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with a wide variety of department personnel.
Requisition ID: [[id]]
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.