Eversource Energy Manager, Gas Construction (Southborough/Hyde Park, MA) in Hyde Park, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This position is responsible for the efficient management of the capital construction program for Eversource. This position partners with Engineering to ensure that projects are properly designed, budgeted, constructed on time, meet all regulatory and safety requirements and engineering standards. This position is also responsible for the coordination of contractor activity and approval of invoices. This position uses formal processes and tools to manage project resources in order to ensure on-time completion in accordance with approved specifications, schedules and budget. Identifies areas for improving productivity; assigns work, coaches, and manages the construction staff and is responsible for establishing and monitoring goals.
- Manages the construction program according to prescribed schedules, standards, regulations and methods. Ensures all activity is performed in a timely, effective, environmentally prudent and cost-efficient manner to meet regulatory and customer expectations.
- Ensures that construction projects are completed in accordance with Eversource Safety policies and procedures, and comply with, or are completed in accordance with, Eversource standards and approved project documents, established engineering practices, federal, state and local laws, and construction industry standards.
- Responsible for the contract administration of Eversource gas contractor agreements in accordance with established purchasing and contract administration standards.
- Uses project management standards and project construction management tools to track and report on construction progress, control changes and ensures adherence to budget and schedule.
- Monitors key performance indicators, identifies trends and takes appropriate actions to improve performance across the entire construction process.
- Responsible for the training and development of construction supervisors.
- Ensures that accurate and timely project documentation is maintained over the construction project life cycle.
- Ensures that improvements in systems, processes and procedures are identified and implemented.
Requires knowledge of design and construction of gas distribution facilities and equipment, as well as the codes and regulations that govern the operation and maintenance of the gas distribution system. Requires knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of project management techniques, tools and software.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
Minimum of ten (10) years gas distribution, utility or technical experience.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs