Eversource Energy Financial Analyst- Part-time (Hybrid) in Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
The Financial Analyst provides financial support to the Shared Services organization; coordinates and supports the Monthly Financial Reports; develops the departments’ financial budgets and five-year financial forecasts; regulatory plans; project analysis; and, development of different reports tools.
- Supports the production of the Monthly Financial Report for the LNG groups.
- Coordinates, develops, supports and monitors the annual budget process to ensure that each major budget management task is properly planned and supported. Ensures compliance with all corporate critical path schedules.
- Reviews, validates and adopts financial model runs.
- Communicates results and their implications to management.
- Assists management in ensures model projections support financial goals includes the development of recommendations to improve performance.
- Communicates results of and any issues with financial strategies includes recommendations for course corrections to management.
- Coordinates and develops financial projections with input from Shared Services’ groups and disciplines from across the company includes financial forecasts, regulatory, corporate and field functional areas and accounts.
- Prepares financial projections for presentation to executive management.
- Provides information to management to ensure annual budgets and five-year forecasts are on target.
- Ensures communication through reports to departmental management on a monthly basis of any specific operates and financial performance information such as budget versus actual and current versus prior year actual comparisons for makes management decisions or evaluation of trends.
- Coordinates with all departmental areas on financial and business reports requirements.
- Works effectively with all levels of management in order to provide financial analysis and problem solves recommendations.
- Supports the development of rate case timelines and strategies as well as rate case proceedings.
- Supports the compilation of data and evidence related to contentious construction claims.
Ensures proper documentation and approvals are obtained prior to the execution of projects
· Knowledge and experience with capital and expense budgeting processes
· Knowledge and experience developing and implementing corporate strategies and initiatives
· Strong knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability in all areas of financial reporting, analyses and financial model management
· Understanding of financial statements and financial modeling
· Thorough understanding of the Eversource organization
· Financial acumen including a basic understanding of financial concepts
· Financial modeling capabilities
· Strong detail orientation as well as the ability to be thorough and precise
· Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
· Ability to use and apply sound judgment
· Team membership; strong customer focus
· Functional understanding of computerized business systems
· Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications (specifically Word and Excel)
· Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
· Initiative and personal ownership
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a closely-related discipline required
- Active work towards or completion of a related advanced degree preferred
- Three (3) plus years of related experience
Compensation and Benefits:
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this part-time position (based on 24 hours per week) is $49720 to $55240.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusts Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. works on projects, attends meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs