Casella Waste Systems Inc. Laborer in Holyoke, Massachusetts
The Laborer performs general labor duties at a transfer station completing tasks such as yard clean-up, fueling vehicles and equipment, general vehicle operation, general office maintenance and other related duties.
• Assists customers with unloading their trash.
• Inspects loads for unacceptable materials to ensure safety for customers and other employees.
• Pulls recyclable material to be brought to the Transfer and properly taken care of.
• Ensures that the facility is maintained at all times by sweeping floors, cleaning and picking up in and around solid waste stations and/or facilities, mowing grass, moving snow, and scraping ice.
• Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
The successful candidate will be a self-directed individual, have a high school diploma or GED, a valid driver’s license, and a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment. Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills along with a dedication to safety and a proven commitment to work are required.
Positive, team-oriented individual who has a strong work ethic, is committed to safety, customer driven, open to personal and professional training and development, and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
Job ID: 2022-2174
External Company Name: Casella Waste Systems, Inc.
External Company URL: casella.com
Street: 688 Main St