Baystate Health Access Svc Rep in Holyoke, Massachusetts
Under the direction of the Access Services Supervisor and Manager the Access Services Representative is responsible to ensure appropriate and timely access of care for patients throughout the Northern, Eastern and Metro regions within Baystate Health System.The Access Services Representative serves as a partner with Baystate Medical Practices (BMP), physicians and other care providers and their clinical teams to ensure integrated, patient-centered care that ensures timely delivery with appropriate provider access for patient care. The Access Services Representative fosters communications and high level service and satisfaction to clients (referring physicians and patients).The Access Services Representative will understand patient needs and utilizes his or her clinical and administrative knowledge to make decisions that will enable the most expedient and efficient access to care.The Access Services Representative is responsible for utilizing efficient work processes,creating positive experiences outcomes that meet physician and patient needs, and foster strong relationships with others that build loyalty of all referring physicians and patients.
1) Responds to physician BMP,Community Providers needs to ensure appropriate and timely access to care for patients.
2) Provides prompt responses to requests for appointments and consults via telephone, fax and online portals in a professional, sensitive and courteous manner.
3) Engages directly with patients to support timely, appropriate appointment scheduling.
4) Responsible for providing accurate information to ensure correct clinic appointment type and duration has been assigned
5) Provides accurate documentation following all established processes and protocols. Utilizes Baystate clinical and administrative computer programs to access and provide needed patient and physician information and for communications with medical practices.
6) Proficient in the following applications: CIS, Centricity Business, ORSOS, Compliance Checker, SMS, I priveledges and 3M as appropriate
7) Demonstrates use of quality/process improvement in daily activities.
8) Engaged and Customer Focus.
9) Maintain an accuracy rate for call processing for 1 -2 practice locations.
10) Achieves both departmental QA, customer service and Productivity standards.
11) Able to work effectively in a team environment.
12) Positively support and adopt to change and enhancements as needed.
13) Types > 25 wpm
14) Able to adapt to fast paced, high energy department.
15) Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
16) Maintain strict standard of confidentiality.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years prior experience in a physician office, or 2 years prior experience in a customer service setting
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Successfully completed a medical terminology course or will successfully complete approved course within one year of hire
2) Comfortable working with physicians/medical professionals, with the goal of meeting their needs
3) Solid communications skills in English, Spanish in some settings as needed (both written and verbal)
4) Positive, upbeat personality with a positive outlook
5) Orientation focused on service excellence
6) Ability to use phone, computer and related technology
7) Ability to communicate in writing and orally in a professional manner reflecting the Baystate Operating Principles
8) Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients in a professional and positive manner
9) Ability to actively listen and engage in communications to ensure understanding of requests/needs of clients
10) Ability and willingness to learn new processes, software or other tools as needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
Associates of Science, GED or HiSET (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs