Cabot Corporation Maintenance Specialist in Haverhill, Massachusetts
Performs maintenance and repair with a focus on one of the maintenance crafts—repair of electro-mechanical equipment; electrical, plumbing or other. Performs preventative maintenance, while maintaining the highest regard for safety and the environment.
*must be able to work 12 hour shifts
· Machine Maintenance: Inspects, installs, troubleshoots, adjusts and repairs electro-mechanical equipment and facilities. Works from specifications and complex drawings, manuals, verbal/written instructions. Assembles and disassembles equipment to isolate and diagnose; corrects equipment malfunctions by repairing or replacing defective parts. Installs and de-installs processing equipment as needed.
· Electrical: Uses diagrams, drawings and tools to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment and systems.
· Plumbing: Maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as water tanks, heaters, pipes and joints.
· Uses a variety of hand and power tools.
· Uses business management system to enter and/or follow-up work and service orders. May keep records and logs; tracks inventory levels.
· Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and systems adhering to established schedules.
· Maintains and continuously improves upon knowledge of all processes and equipment within their respective unit(s). May recommend improvements to electro-mechanical systems.
· Participates in scheduled safety meetings and completes safety training requirements.
· Keeps working area safe and clean.
· Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
· Full knowledge of maintenance and repair procedures and methods; knowledge of equipment and related tools, including hand tools, power tools, drill presses, etc. Knowledge of a variety of machine tools, mechanical parts, bearings, gears, and others. Familiarity with mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems
· Ability to interpret blueprints and drawings; perform required shop mathematics.
· Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills. Ability to promptly diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions.
· Ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively with others in a team-based environment.
· Flexibility in performing changing assignments; ability to work off shift and after hours as needed.
· HVAC skills desired.
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2020-9476
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com