Sub-Assembly Planning Manager in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Plans requirements for purchasing materials or services and ensures delivery of materials to production consistent with established schedules.
Ensures optimum inventory levels; conducts physical inventories for verification of inventory levels.
Implements and maintains physical distribution procedures, work authorizations, dispatching and expediting procedures, and floor scheduling/shop loading procedures.
Directs the activities of planners and expediters to accomplish company objectives.
Responsible for the evaluation of acceptable inventory levels; oversees maintaining adequate working relationship with purchasing, production and engineering.
Reviews developing materials schedules and coordinating the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production, and engineering.
Monitors the plans, schedules and the movement of material through he production cycle.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations Make Possible a Better Future.