Applied Materials NPI Buyer in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Leads purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels. Leads problem resolution for material related accounting and receiving issues
Develops methods of business simplification for the procurement function. Participates in the development of ISO documents for the purchasing function.
Manages activities of the purchasing group in the managers absence. Manages projects for purchasing; as required, monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned projects. Oversees workload distribution among Buyers; trains and audits activities of lower level personnel.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Applied Materials Jobs