Applied Materials New Product Manufacturing Engineer III, Senior (E3) in Gloucester, Massachusetts
In-depth knowledge of NPME role. Independently develops, implements, and releases new product BOMs for complex modules and product structure.Works with key stakeholders to develop and implement new product manufacturing, test, and sourcing strategies.
Manages the development and validation of Operation Method Sheets (OMS) for complex modules.
Performs 3D solid model virtual analysis process, including Master Layout (MLO) and Digital Mock Up(DMU). Actively participates in design reviews, providing DFA, DFAe, DFTp, ITO, and operational efficiency improvement feedback to new product development team to drive cost, quality, and cycle time goals.
Orchestrates change requests and executes change control processes including Non Standard Requests (NSRs), Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Change Control Board (CCB), Supplier Problem Sheets (SPSs), Engineering Specification Waivers (ESWs).
Documents product-related issues/enhancement opportunities and performs Root Cause Corrective Analysis (RCCA). Leads the disposition and resolution of issues requiring Long Term Corrective Action (LTCA) for project/program.
Leads the managed build process for programs/projects.
Provides technical support and training to Applied and contract manufacturing resources, including piece part suppliers related tonew product introductions.
May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Applied Materials Jobs