Heywood Hospital Project Coordinator, Environmental Services in Gardner, Massachusetts
Project Coordinator job duties cleaning in the Hospital or any out buildings. Courier duties as needed. Good Driving record preferred but not a requirement. Must have flexibility to cover other shifts as needed for vacation coverage.
- High School Diploma preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Previous health care experience preferred.
- Floor maintenance experience a plus but not necessary.
- Applicant needs to be a self motivator and work with minimal supervision.
20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning or working with hands). Frequently stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
- Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
- Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
- Maintains a clean and safe hospital.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
- Complies with the Hospital Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
- Completed all Hospital and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
- Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene.
- Works together with departmental and healthcare teams to complete assignments.
- Removes or arranges for removal of safety hazards from environment immediately to prevent potential safety hazards from occurring.
- Keeps equipment in clean and working condition.
- Conducts and maintains the proper supply of inventory for products, so that projects are able to be completed regularly without shortages of supplies.
- Coordinates projects so that customer satisfaction levels are met and projects are completed without incident.
- Evaluates and communicates with department managers and other appropriate staff members throughout the facility of areas within their department in need of projects.
- Demonstrates ability to perform project work safely, using appropriate chemicals and proper techniques.
- Communicates specific cleaning needs to supervisor by the end of the scheduled shift.
- Completes tasks thoroughly and in designated timeframe.
- Reorganizes to cover other tasks and changes schedules as needed so that all areas are covered and a clean and safe environment is maintained.
- Revises the project schedule in winter months to accommodate snow coverage.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients by assuring that sharp objects, toxic substances and other objects potentially harmful to children are not accessible.
- Assures that the environment of care or services is free of objects which may contribute to the likelihood of patient falls, slips or trips. Makes readily available assistive devices for ambulation.
- Is aware of the increased risk of falls, slips, and trips for elderly patients and visitors, and assures that the environment of care or services is free of objects and spills which may contribute to the likelihood of patient falls, slips, or trips.
- Is sensitive to the tendency of older patients to have hearing difficulties. Verifies that he or she is speaking with appropriate level of loudness so that the patient hears instructions, questions, and conversations with caregiver, but that offense is not given to the patient as the result of the voice being excessively loud. Is able to differentiate problems with hearing versus problems with comprehension.
- Takes appropriate actions to assure physical security of children and complies with policies and procedures related to the prevention of neonate, infant and child abduction.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Hospital - Support Services
Department: HH. ENVIRON. SERV.-,6840
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 6840709100605
Position Hours: 0
Weekend Frequency: As needed and may be consecutive
Holiday Rotation: Yes
Job Title: Project Coordinator, Environmental Services
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 07/22/2020