TJX Technology Manager in Framingham, Massachusetts
Brand: TJX Companies
Framingham, MA, US
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Regular
Functional Area: IT
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Technology Manager - Leadership Position within Infrastructure and Operations, supporting retail stores.
•Global management oversight for activities within a highly complex, impactful, and global environment
• Service-related input, review and management of work requests through engagement with customer representatives, service providers, service support representatives, and/or subject matter experts for highly complex and global service areas
• Technical support and advice for new solution delivery projects globally
• Technical input into business unit technology roadmaps globally
• Design and implement solutions to enterprise-wide computing globally
• Work with vendors to build new capacity and optimize capacity globally
• Define and manage to department priorities, policies, and procedures to ensure continuous process improvement globally
• Ensure that work is completed in a timely and cost effective manner, and conforms to the requirements and standards of practice within TJX IT globally
• May work as an Incident Owner in response to service disruptions globally. If called upon, is expected to assume full ownership of incidents and drive to closure. Ensures all necessary parties are engaged in a timely manner. Can be counted upon to escalate when necessary and communicate when appropriate
• Act as the initial point of contact for escalations from service consumers and other IT partner globally
• Define and ensure compliance of standard operating procedures for area of responsibility
• Responsible for implementing, adhering to, and advocating for ITIL best practices in regards to Service Lifecycle, Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, and Continual Service Improvement globally
• Lead the evaluation of new 3rd party services. Monitors vendor performance against agreed SLAs, conducts reviews of service globally
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Solution Delivery Process (SDP). Reviews artifacts from SDP for Operational Readiness globally
• Assist in the preparation of estimates, design and operational support requirements, and technical solutions for projects globally
• Manage work requests to ensure they are correctly prioritized and actioned globally
• May be required to be “on-call” and work off hours
• Assign activities and work tasks
• Monitor work progress
• Prepare annual staff goals and objectives
• Conduct performance and merit evaluation
• Provide career guidance, coaching, and general team development
• Special projects and duties as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
5+ years of overall IT experience which includes experience supporting Store Technologies- Point of Sale, Payment Systems, Back Office Applications such as Payroll/Timekeeping, Markdowns, and Web Applications. As well as Loss Prevention Support.
Experience liaising with all levels of Business Partners – Individual contributors through senior executives. (Example Store ops)
Advanced knowledge of practices within area of responsibility
Team management and organization skills; ability to lead, motivate and direct a global workgroup
Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment at TJX, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law."
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA