Staples Sr. Financial Analyst I in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Senior Analyst for Financial Planning & Analysis will be a key member of the Supply Chain Finance team dedicated to providing analytical support and business insights for the $10B+ North American Delivery business as well as the US Retail business. This role will work directly with the supply chain leaders across several locations to help drive deeper understandings of logistics trends and performance and trends, as well, ensure businesses are performing in line with short and long-term objectives. Analyses performed by this role will influence decisions impacting spend and strategy across both NAD & USR business units.
• Key role in managing the P&L monthly, including analysis and reporting out to our field operations managers
• Support in building and developing annual budgets and monthly forecasts, incorporating historical and emerging trends to generate accurate projections
• Prepare full year comprehensive budget for supply chain operating expenses and capital
• Be adept at manipulating, analyzing and presenting findings around big, complex data sets
• Collaboratively build monthly forecast and plan key expenses for various distribution and delivery teams
• Create regional & local performance summaries for inclusion in month end reporting / business reviews
• Partner with leadership to identify key business trends and provide supportive analytics that drive and influence business performance
• Think analytically, focus on the big picture, and drill into the detail and disseminate key insights
• Provide general and ad hoc analytic support to the business units and supply chain leadership
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 1 to 3 years professional analytical and data interpretation experience or equivalent analytically focused experience
• 1 or more years’ experience synthesizing large amounts of data and providing meaningful, insightful analysis to senior management
• Experience building financial models with an emphasis on creating and maintaining flexible models.
• MBA preferred, but not required
• Experience with Hyperion Essbase and/or Oracle, a plus
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
• Organized, self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple tasks to effectively meet deadlines and objectives in a changing environment
• Ability to use data to make recommendations and drive decisions, relying on strong qualitative and quantitative skills
• Driven intellectual curiosity to explore trends and variances to understand root cause
• Advanced skills with MS Excel and data mining
• Excellent oral and written communication skills must be comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior management
• Ability to actively engage and partner with various leadership team members to drive results and provide needed analysis.
• Ability to grasp the essence of new information; recognize own strengths and weaknesses; pursue self-development and seek feedback
• Identify and analyze problems; distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information.
• Demonstrate good business judgment when making decisions and always consider the impact of each decision on the business
• Communicate facts and ideas in a clear and organized manner
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.