Staples New Business Development Program Manager in Framingham, Massachusetts
The position is critical to the success of retail’s future - shaping, supporting and
driving key New Business Development programs by providing store operations expertise and perspective. Within the US Stores Sales & Operations team,
the position serves as the central point of contact for these strategic
initiatives and works in close partnership with the New Business
Development team. Key responsibilities include working on cross-functional
teams to build and launch new programs, providing the operational and
associate perspective, problem-solving and iterating, owning the launch and
ongoing support for our field team, identifying trends and opportunities to drive
the programs and results. Projects this role would play a key role in bringing to
market include Identigo, the evolution of WorkBar and Retail Reinvention and
other future-focused initiatives. % Time
Key Job Responsibilities
Impact on Business (i.e. business contribution; nature and scope of responsibility; risk and financial management; strategic vs. tactical vs. delivery orientation.
• Partner with New Business Development team to review and analyze program results on a weekly, monthly and YTD basis to determine trends, opportunity areas, and action plans to drive results.
• Specific deliverables include project management, playbooks, launch plans, communications, reports, processes/policies, tools, and anything else required to make the operational aspects of a project a success
• Operational primary point of contact, partner, and day-to-day decision maker in the development, implementation, and execution of the identified programs for US Stores
Innovation and Change (i.e. improvements to procedures, services, or products, as well as development of new ideas, methods, techniques, services and products)
• Create processes, tools and trainings to support store execution.
• Advocate for stores, associates and customers as business requirements and processes are defined
Communication/Interactions: Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties (i.e. include level or job title of customer relationship and the nature of the customer relationship management and service delivery as well as the type of interaction; adapt/exchange of information, influence, or negotiate)
• Develop and deliver effective field facing communications to support New Business Development team. Partner with US Stores Communications team to create and implement communications strategy to ensure that the right message is sent to the right audience at the right time.
• Collaborate with Learning & Development team on associate education support. Ensure our field leadership and store teams have the information and tools needed to drive sales and service relative to existing and new programs.
People Leadership (i.e. staff management; accountability for hiring, coaching, training, conducting performance review, determining pay actions)
• No direct reports
Business Strategy (if contributes to business strategy; is position responsible for defining, modifying or executing and is focus on long term (typically 3-5 years) or short- to mid-term (12-18 months))
• Will partner with NBD team on any program modifications
• Meets expected levels of support to the Home Office (NBD, Store Experience) and Field, including program launch and maintenance
• Seeks out input (HO/Field) to improve/enhance program execution/performance
• Is viewed as subject matter expert on the programs
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5-7 years of experience
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to combine creativity with accuracy and tailor material for specific audiences. Ability to collaborate and partner cross-functionally.
• Creative problem-solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgment and strong decision making skills
• Project / program management skills
• Detail-oriented and able to develop work plans and manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
• Analytical to provide detail or insight into reporting or business trends and make recommendations to leadership
• Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.