Staples Manager, Product Management in Framingham, Massachusetts
About the Staples Brand Group:
Do you want to create new brands and new products from scratch? Do you want to invent and think big to take an idea from concept to reality for customers? Are you an expert in or passionate about products that boost productivity and help businesses grow? The Staples Own Brand team is powering the greatest assortment transformation in our company’s history and we need your energy and enthusiasm to change the way the world works. We are a $4B consumer products company within Staples Inc, and we’re working on the tools and fuel for the new 21st century workplace.
Staples is looking for a talented and energetic candidate with a passion for product. As a Manger, Product Management, you will be on point to bring the next generation of private brand products to life at Staples. Using your focus on the customer and ability to work closely with cross functional partners, you will carry projects from ideation through launch and beyond. Come join us as we create the solutions that will change the way the world works.
• Assist in the development of new and compelling private brand products through close monitoring of market trends and your ability to put yourself in our customer’s shoes.
• Participate in all phases of bringing innovative products to market including ideation, product development, and launch.
• Support the business’ go to market strategy through packaging, collateral, and web content development.
• Collect and organize financial data as well as the industry and market research that will fuel future product development.
• Work closely with merchants to drive Own Brand product sales and brand presence across all of Staples’ digital and physical selling channels.
• Use your strong interpersonal skills to ensure cross functional partners in Product Development, Merchandising, Marketing, Inventory, International Sourcing, and Design and Innovation are up to speed and focused on the strategies of the business.
• Execute strategy set by Director and Vice President of Product Management and Product Development.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Good Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
• Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
• 4-6 years related work experience preferred
• Problem solving skills
• Analytical skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Prioritization of workload based on business needs
• Independent thinking and judgment
• Team player able to work cross functionally
• Creative thinker with passion for innovation, customer feedback and new product opportunities
Staples Inc. is a market-leading provider of products and services for the workplace enabling better work solutions that deliver industry-leading products, services and expertise across office supplies, facilities, breakroom, furniture, technology, promotional products, and print and marketing services. We support businesses of all sizes from solopreneurs to the Fortune 100 and everything in between providing exceptional quality and value across multiple channels, including direct sales, ecommerce, mobile, and retail.
Staples is a private company backed by Sycamore Partners composed of 3 standalone companies totaling $17B in revenue including: Staples North American Delivery, Staples Retail, and Staples Canada.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.