Staples Manager, Product Content Operations in Framingham, Massachusetts
The primary role of the Manager of Product Operations is to provide effective management, leadership, and vision to the Content Operations team. You will help lead the team responsible for execution of content strategy and building the operational excellence framework supporting Content Operations. We are looking for a leader capable of interacting with both the business and technology organizations to continuously review and recommend improvements to the current operational excellence framework to streamline operations, increase operational effectives and reduce overall cost of doing business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manages the day-to-day functions of the Content Operations Team
• Oversee the team’s content preparation and uploading process for all sku files, including buy and sell-side data, transfer of images for processing to web product database and managing attribute data. Develop and maintain a process to QA load files prior to item activation.
• Collaborating with all internal partners, coordinate the preparation and loading of all sku projects, meeting deadlines as agreed upon by the cross-functional team. This includes working closely with the counterparts to successfully transition item files across all Staples BU’s, including Quill.
• Act as lead and point of contact for Merchandising for all content related projects. This includes participating in cross-functional and cross-departmental meetings, acting as a liaison between Staples Merchants, Content teams and Quill Category Selling Managers. Demonstrate strong communication skills using email and teleconference tools to deliver regular project status updates to the Quill & Staples leadership teams.
• Act as point of escalation for sku set-up issues. Manage day-to-day maintenance of skus (image and content corrections). Partner with Customer Service teams to monitor content and image quality based on customer feedback.
• Communicate system enhancement needs to the SDS department for item set-up that will accelerate our sku go-to-market process while also creating efficiencies for sku maintenance. Provide direction on the requirements and potential improvements.
• Identify and implement operational improvements to current process. Driving and improving our vendor on-boarding and SKU creation process.
• Interacting with customers to identify needs, opportunities, gaps, and solve problems. Collaborate and influence partners to operationalize the strategy
• Establishing goals, reviewing metrics, and changing course to improve commercial success.
• Lead, develop and mentor individuals on the team
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Ability to work with large groups of people at all levels of management. Must be able to manage up the organization.
• Manager & development of people
• Ability to problem solve and manage change
• Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and have great organizational skills
• Strong Strategic Planning Skills
• Process Improvement Oriented
• Strong analytical skills
• Highly collaborative
• Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and be flexible as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with particularly strong Excel skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.