State of Massachusetts Inventory Control Coord II in Framingham, Massachusetts
Provides support to the Asset Management Team by acquiring, tracking and controlling the Department’s fixed assets in a manner that safeguards and allows for sound management of the public's asset investment. Assists in administering the Department’s inventory system by receiving and issuing property items; assigning property numbers; and working with the Asset Management Unit in maintaining associated property records within the fixed asset management system, participating in scheduled inventories.
- *Oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, and issuing of fixed assets.
· Adheres to guidelines for acquisition, maintenance, retention and disposition of fixed assets and associated records.
· Oversee and participate in the receiving, unloading and inspection of equipment or supplies for damage and conformity to packing slips; contact Finance regarding shortages, damaged goods or other discrepancies; complete receiving, discrepancy and follow-up reports.
· Prepare receiving document and forward to Finance within twenty four (24) hours of receipt of goods; notify requestor that materials were received and arrange delivery or pick-up of all items received.
· Communicate with staff members and outside organizations to provide information and resolve issues concerning requisitions/deliveries.
Prepare and maintain fixed asset inventory records.
· Maintain receipts, records, and all pertinent information regarding fixed assets received.
· Prepare correspondence and a variety of reports related to assigned activities such as incorrect shipments, process pickup and delivery documents, and other transmittal paperwork.
· Affixes inventory labels to designated assets and equipment.
· Assists staff with completing the equipment disposition form (i.e., property control number, manufacturer, acquisition date, simple description and cost).
· Maintains perpetual inventory records by gathering inventory data, completing required forms/logs
· Assist by assembling documents and generating reports regarding the records maintained.
· Document detailed standard operating procedures.
Participate in the coordination and performance of periodic and annual physical inventories
· Conduct physical inventories; complete status reports; make recommendations regarding proper storage and inventory procedures, inventory control and improvements in efficiency.
· Resolves minor inventory location/usage discrepancies.
· Assists with missing inventory, performs location transfers and reconciles discrepancies.
· Ensure that proper paperwork and approval are done prior to completing physical transfer/disposal of surplus/obsolete items.
· Assists with handling surplus and storage areas of inventory section.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least three years of full-time, or equivalent part- time, experience in inventory control, warehousing or storekeeping work.
Special Requirements: None.
Knowledge of inventory management
Excellent verbal and written skills
Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Administrative Services
Organization: *Department of State Police
Title: Inventory Control Coord II
Location: Massachusetts-Framingham-470 Worcester Road
Requisition ID: 200004PP