Staples HR Services Administrator II in Framingham, Massachusetts
The HR Services Administrator II provides extraordinary care to our managers and associates with the goal of driving superior associate satisfaction. This position is for individuals who are exceptionally customer-focused and who enjoy handling all associates HR, Benefit and Payroll needs while bringing their own diverse interests and passions into work every day. The HR Services Administrator will service a high volume of associate inquiries through various channels (phone, web ticket, email, etc.) with an outstanding level of customer service.
Key Job Responsibilities
Impact on Business:
• Functions as primary support for all disciplines of Human Resources including but not limited to payroll, associate relations, benefits, workers compensation, leave of absences, talent management, talent acquisition, unemployment, and compensation.
• Utilize customer service, process, and system skills/training to identify root issues, and take appropriate action to accurately and effectively resolve issues with tact and empathy while enforcing company policies and practices.
• Work cross-functionally to assess and resolve associate/manager issues/inquiries, while building relationships and trust through positive communication.
• Handle large volume of contacts, working in a variety of HR Systems, to manage the HR Services administration processes.
• Resolve issues within a reasonable timeframe, typically 24 business hours or less.
• Create requisitions/job postings, move applicants/candidates through process, and close out requisitions when roles are filled.
• Work with Store Managers to approve offers ensuring they are within appropriate guidelines; seek approval through defined channels if outside of guidelines.
• Facilitate background check process in Sterling and ensure completeness.
• Notify stores upon completion of background checks and follow up with managers, candidates and/or monitor background check with vendor if required.
• Respond to applicant/candidate inquires and status inquiries from managers (where candidates are in the process).
• Complete Unemployment claims, process severance actions, respond to requests for employee files, and review/resolve employee record discrepancies identified through established auditing processes.
• Appropriately communicate and apply all HR policies/procedures including the unemployment process in order to inform associates/managers of their responsibilities and opportunities, often interpreting HR policies into understandable context for associates and managers to resolve their inquiries/issues.
• Troubleshoot HR technology user experience issues for all HR systems, assess and determine where user is within the application and communicate steps to resolve issues where appropriate.
• Apply strong verbal and listening skills to reflect friendly, positive, and knowledgeable disposition and a commitment to customer service.
• Process HR transactions into PeopleSoft, with this role having sole responsibility to make accurate corrections to the database of employee records.
• Complete special tasks/projects/assignments on an as-needed basis, as requested by team leadership.
• Work closely with Store Management and various HR Centers of Excellence, as well as Payroll to identify and resolve associate issues/inquiries.
• Partner with HRBPs to support all forms of contact resolution.
KPIs– Key Performance Indicators:
• High level of accuracy in communicating policies/procedures, as well as data entry, processing, and correction in all HR systems, including PeopleSoft, the system of employee records.
• Ability to manage high volumes of associate/manager inquiries (i.e. 60-100 contacts in a single 8-hour shift).
• Provide 95% customer satisfaction rating as determined by customer surveys.
• Provide 90% First Call Resolution (fully resolving an associate/manager issue or inquiry with their initial contact).
• Ensure requisitions and offers are executed within Service Levels to guarantee processing candidates through quickly to mitigate loss of good talent.
Education/Experience Equivalent (minimum requirements)
HighSchool Diploma or GED required.
1-3 years of experience working in a business, customer service,HR, or related environment.
· HR, Benefits or Payroll background preferred.
· Bilingual fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Other Skills (e.g. specialized training, language proficiency,functional expertise etc.)
• Exceptional Customer service and communication skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including proven ability to interact with all levels, both within and outside of organization.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking skills, including the ability to think analytically and creatively, under pressure, to solve problems with high sense of urgency.
• Ability to handle difficult situations professionally and sensitively.
• Ability to work in fast paced, confidential, time-sensitive environment and have excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail;
· Ability to process high volumes accurately and efficiently.
· Strong interpersonal skills, able to handle difficult callers.
• Understanding and ability to navigate and troubleshoot all in-house HR technologies available to Staples users including PeopleSoft, Taleo, ServiceNow, Documentum, Microsoft Office, Kronos, and the HUB.
• Ability to do multiple tasks simultaneously.
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Staples Jobs