Cardinal Health Strategy Manager in Foxborough, Massachusetts
Red Oak Sourcing is a 50/50 joint venture between two Fortune 20 companies, Cardinal Health and CVS Health. Red Oak has sole responsibility for generic pharmaceutical sourcing for Cardinal Health and CVS Health’s retail division and pharmacy benefit manager - representing 85% of the pharmaceutical product volume of the two companies – making Red Oak is one of the largest generic sourcing entities in the U.S.
The Strategy & Analytics team helps shape the generic pharmaceutical sourcing strategy for Red Oak Sourcing, a 50/50 joint venture between two Fortune 20 companies – Cardinal Health and CVS Health. The Strategy & Analytics team conducts industry and portfolio analysis; innovative, creative, and strategic thinking; and internal and external stakeholder communications. This role primarily manages the small molecule brand-to-generic pipeline but also supports a wide array of ongoing and ad hoc projects and analyses—both strategic and quantitative in nature. The Manager works cooperatively with Red Oak leadership and cross-functionally to help inform both daily generic pharmaceutical sourcing strategy and long-term decisions made by the Executive Leadership Team.
Manage small molecule brand-to-generic pipeline portfolio
- Oversee product and supplier-level pipeline research, industry knowledge, and report generation
- Understand brand-to-generic conversions, FDA regulatory dynamics (e.g., drug application submissions and approvals), and other market intelligence to identify pipeline opportunities
- Collaborate with finance and the Executive Leadership Team to support budgeting and forecasting activities
- Partner with Data and Analytics colleagues to manage database of pipeline information
- Compile data and information from multiple sources and translate into meaningful insights and effective communication with proposals for recommended action
Support market intelligence and cross-departmental projects
- Support research to maintain a pulse on product, supplier, regulatory, and market dynamics; understand how industry trends may impact Red Oak; and help develop insights for strategic action
- Support a variety of projects across the organization, such as design sprints and quarterly board meetings
- Contribute to internal innovation efforts to make decisions faster and more effectively
- Lead team-based approach to achieving better performance
- Provide direction on ongoing work/analytics/presentations and feedback on tasks
- Quality control and review team’s work and balance workloads across team members
- Give guidance for working with variety of senior leaders in organization (e.g., how to present work, manage expectations, and deliver key messages)
- Undergraduate degree; masters in relevant field is a bonus
- 4+ years of experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, regulatory, scientific, or related field
- Experience in consulting, strategy, business development, R&D, and/or project management strongly preferred
- Results driven with proven ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong forecasting and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment at different organizational levels and experience working with upper-level management
- Expertise in PowerPoint and Excel
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs