Wheelabrator Technologies Driver Helper / Shaker in Foxboro, Massachusetts
Built on the principle that sustainable waste management is an integral part of our environmental and economic infrastructure, Wheelabrator Technologies is a vertically-integrated waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to the customers and communities we serve. Wheelabrator Technologies owns or operates 43 strategically located assets in the U.S. and the U.K. including our Tunnel Hill Partners and City Carting & Recycling locations.
Wheelabrator is owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, a business within the Macquarie Asset Management division of Macquarie Group and a global alternative asset manager focused on real estate, infrastructure, agriculture and energy assets. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com or www.tunnelhillpartners.com or www.citycarting.net.
Job Summary Driver Helper teams with Route Driver and assists in the collection of Waste and /or Recyclable material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works in accordance with Wheelabrator's Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Wheelabrator or directed by the Route Manager.
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
- Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
- Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
- Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
At Wheelabrator Technologies, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.