Leonardo DRS, Inc. Program Manager in Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Job ID: 106740
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.
Manage and direct the daily execution of multiple programs within contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met. Lead all meetings and the integrated product and/or project team (kick-off through project close). Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts. Lead and or support bid and proposal activities. Responsibilities are conducted under the guidance of senior level management (Director of Programs, or LOB Lead).
Works closely with Engineering to manage a development program or a project. May need to intercede with Engineering Management to accomplish objectives. Work outcomes may encompass product development, services or both. Manages and ensures the timely completion of specific, defined technical programs or projects. Oversee a team or portion of a program to plan, track and execute project plans from start to completion using specific technical knowledge. Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems. Uses judgement within defined policies and practices.
• Participate as a team member or leader on bid and proposal activities. Ensure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals for existing customers
• Actively seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development
• Represent management at program reviews, meetings, seminars, etc.
• Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, assure that all government regulatory guidance is adhered to
• Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Regularly report program status to senior management
• Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtains management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives.
• May be required to ensure the overall execution of material on schedule and on budget for a business area
• May be required to collaborate on various tasks with various project teams
• May be required to complete various tasks/team/project/Engineering changes
• Notify and seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise. Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident
• Perform variance analysis of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e. earned value management system)
• Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution. Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer
• Coordinate with Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
• Assure the contract requirements are executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e. federal acquisition regulations)
• Provide leadership to program or project team. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict
• Ensure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
• Understand and develop leading verses lagging indicators
• Develop and execute program corrective action strategies
• May partner with various stakeholders on planning process and system improvements
• Develop and understand principles of program planning. Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields
• Develop and understand cash flow management principles
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Job Responsibilities Part II
May require 5+ year in the in DoD program and/or materials management and in production manufacturing operation utilizing MRP/ERP depending upon the job discipline
May require knowledge of DoD FAR procurement regulations
May require knowledge of MRP/ERP with a solid understanding of electro-mechanical assembly operations, bills of material, demand material planning, and the supply chain purchasing process
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain or Business degree may be preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience depending upon the job discipline
• Knowledge of program management tools and procedures
• Solid leadership and management skills
• Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
• Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
• Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management
• Solid problem solving skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Experience with managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control
• Ability to manage aerospace/defense programs as a prime or subcontractor to a domestic or foreign military organization
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Program Management certification preferred (i.e. PMP or DAU)
• US Citizenship required
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
- Leonardo DRS, Inc. Jobs