Eversource Energy Program Manager, Grid Modernization in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Program Manager, Grid Modernization will act as the technical business lead for the outage management system and other operational technologies at Eversource. The individual will provide direction and planning for various programs within Grid Modernization with a focus on operational technologies that serve the System Operations Centers at Eversource. Individual will ensure that the outage management system is designed and implemented to meet immediate operational needs and ensure that it aligns with the long-term strategy for operational technology at Eversource. Responsibilities include; leading a team of direct reports to effectively execute projects on time, collaborate with other internal Eversource groups such as System Operations, Emergency Preparedness, Engineering, and IT, communicating project progress, organizing vendor presentations, and participating in product development as a subject matter expert. Individual will also play a leadership role in developing team members to meet departmental needs over time.
- Manage team’s tasks to ensure timely completion within project schedule while delivering high quality work
- Act as business lead on the outage management system projects to ensure system performance and functionality meets all operating requirements
- Responsible for the successful delivery of projects related to OMS
- Coordinate workshops to collect input from other engineering and operations groups to help inform OMS product configuration decisions within the project
- Participate in testing during project implementation to ensure requirement and schedule adherence
- Evaluate future OMS product roadmap to identify when new functionality will be available and how it can be incorporated into existing plan
- Support project go-live, ensuring that new products and functionality is prepared and adopted by end users
- Participate in overall operational technology roadmap for Eversource distribution tools including but not limited to OMS, iTOA, and ADMS
- Promote an agile work environment to build an iterative process into team activities
- Meet with stakeholders and steering committee as needed to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Monitors risks, issues and interdependencies that may impact scope, milestone schedule, cost, or solution alignment (e.g. different processes or architectures) and develops fixes on the fly
- Oversee development of project approval documentation with need statement, scope, description of technical solution, alternatives considered, risks and mitigations, budget and timeline.
- Prepare and deliver both written and oral communications that are clear, concise and comprehensive reports on project status to management.
- Will be required to support Emergency Restoration efforts throughout the Eversource service territory.
- Develops tactical plans for the group to ensure that the Company is operationally ready and in full compliance with state and federal energy legislation and regulations.
- Analyzes, tracks and reports on department goals, SLA’s and other metrics as needed.
- Analyzes data and develops reports regarding projects.
- May provide direction and guidance to employees working on various programs
- May provide regulatory and legislative support, including answering interrogatories as required.
- Strong understanding of electrical distribution system operations, including but not limited to event management, crew management, SCADA systems, EMS, OMS, iTOA, switching and tagging processes, emergency response, electrical connectivity, distributed energy resources, communication infrastructure (i.e. point-to-point, radio/cellular, fiber, SCADA, etc), technical communications protocols and device interoperability (i.e RTU/RTAC, DNP3, D200/D20MX, JMUX, relays, field device controllers, etc), operator training.
- Understanding of existing and cutting-edge electric distribution technology and operations; must have experience in managing a technical team in the electric distribution industry.
- Proven leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Highly developed communication skills, (i.e. the ability to listen, write clearly and concisely, make presentations before senior management & external stakeholders, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive, and able to work effectively with all levels within Eversource, government agencies and outside organizations).
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science, Business or Engineering. MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of directly related experience.
- Previous supervisor experience is preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs