Steward Health Care System Patient Access Coordinator in Dorchester, Massachusetts
*Job Summary: *
Greets, receives and escorts patients as required and consistent with customer service guidelines. Collects and verifies patient demographic, insurance eligibility, and financial information/responsibility and accurately documents in hospital computer system(s).
- Responsible for consistent and accurate use and execution of department's established standard operating procedures, supporting tools, software, websites.
- Identifies current and prior patient responsible balances, educates patients on their financial responsibilities, and collects same.
- Screens self pay patients, identifies potential solution(s), and facilitates solution application process (manual and/or electronic) or patient payment as appropriate
- Interviews patient's bedside as needed to facilitate timely and effective solutions (ED only).
- Assists patients in establishing secured installments plans when applicable.
- Ensures all hospital and regulatory requirements are met (including, but not limited to, signatures, distributing patient rights, health care proxies, HIPAA requirements etc.).
- Ensures completion of registration paperwork to facilitate efficient patient flow.
- Meets performance standards established by Patient Access leadership, including, but not limited to: quality, collections, customer service, screening/solution rates, productivity)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years experience in a hospital/clinic/physician office or related field preferred.
- Aptitude for/familiarity with patient access tools, systems, and technologies
- Excellent customer service/communications skills.
- Comfortable with collection process.
- Comfortable with securing solutions for uninsured patients.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
- Proven ability and/or expressed willingness to work as part of a team
Internal Posting: 03/19/2018-03/26/2019