PPD Scientist - LC , CE , iCE , Biologics in Devens, Massachusetts
In labs and health care facilities worldwide - HERE WE ARE
Thermo Fisher's clinical research business is a leading global contract research organization and world leader in serving science. We are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our mission – to enable our customers to make the world healthier, safer, and cleaner.
Within our Analytical Services team, we have a functional service provider solution, which is a unique partnership that allows our customers to leverage the experience of our staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits.
As a Scientist, you will be responsible for supporting analytical activities within Biologics Process Development (PD). The role will involve supporting in-process analytical testing, delivering results within customer and project timelines, assay harmonization activities within the network groups, and evaluation of new analytical technologies. You will have excellent communication skills, is a team player, and have experience in Bioanalytical techniques as they apply to Biologics and related process impurities. Techniques of interest include Capillary Electrophoresis, Liquid Chromatography, and ELISAs. A reasonable appreciation of upstream and downstream process development activities is highly desirable.
The role will provide Analytical support within PD. The candidate will work closely with PDA team members and Process Development to deliver quality analytical data in a timely manner.
*Essential Functions: *
- Assay support of Biologics Process Development activities using LC, iCE, CE, and ELISA
- Work closely with Process Development, Analytical development and testing to support analytical needs and engage in long-term collaboration.
- Authors and reviews technical documents and protocols; follows written scientific methods and experimental protocols, documents results, authors, and reviews summary reports.
- Run tests and trend assay performances across the Network sites.
- Review PD design of experiments.
- Support manufacturing site investigations as required.
At PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
To learn how PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific can advance your career, apply now!
*This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.*
*Education and Experience: *
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry, or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job comparable to 2 years (industry or regulated laboratory preferred) OR Master's degree with 1 years (preferred) of industry experience.
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in the areas of analytical chemistry/biochemistry, with the emphasis on experience and in-depth working knowledge of LC, iCE, CE and Gel Electrophoresis
- Working knowledge of design of experiments and factorial design
- Familiarity with upstream and downstream biologics processing
- Knowledge of cGMPs as applied to process development and scale up
- Development experience for both early- and late-stage molecules is highly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven ability to interpret data by performing trend analysis
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
*Working Environment: *
PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.
*Our 4i Values: *
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
Organization: *US BU
Title: Scientist - LC , CE , iCE , Biologics
Location: MA-Devens-FSP Devens MA
Requisition ID: 218526
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs