Bristol Myers Squibb Assistant Scientist in Devens, Massachusetts
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Assistant Scientist will be working in a science-driven environment, and will collaborate with a group of scientists to develop robust and scalable protein purification processes for both early and late stage biologics in BMS’s robust pipeline. The candidate will work closely with the upstream team, analytical team, and collaborate with the R&D organization to drive speed to the clinic for early stage molecules, as well as with manufacturing sites within the BMS network or Third Party Manufacturing to deliver robust, scalable and economical processes for late stage clinical and commercial supply.
The successful candidate has the following responsibilities:
• Performing hands-on laboratory experiments involving filtration and chromatography.
• Downstream process development, optimization, characterization, and tech transfer.
• Support process scale-up activities in the pilot plant and clinical and commercial manufacturing sites.
• Prepare/review technical documents including development / tech transfer reports, batch records, and SOPs.
• Participate on cross-functional teams to progress both early and late stage drug candidates.
• Perform experiments to evaluate and implement innovative ideas.
• B.S. in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics or equivalent with 0-2 years of industry and/or academic experience.
• Prior experience in downstream process development and unit operations, including preparative chromatography, ultrafiltration / diafiltration, viral inactivation and viral filtration is desired.
• Prior experience in AVANT, Pendotech and unicorn software is desired.
• Practical knowledge or understanding of analytical techniques such as HPLC, CE is strongly desired.
• Knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis is desired.
• Knowledge of cGMPs as applied to process development and scale up is desired.
• Sound oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a self-motivated, results-driven and collaborative team environment.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Req Number: R1539135
Updated: 2021-04-20 03:52:41.797 UTC
Bristol Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bristol Myers Squibb
- Bristol Myers Squibb Jobs