Cardinal Health Senior Product Manager, Interfaces- WaveMark in Concord, Massachusetts
What Product & Services Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Product and Services Development is responsible for researching, developing, and launching new products for the company. Responds to company initiatives by driving new products to meet customer needs.
WaveMark is a scalable, enterprise-level, Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that integrates with clinical and financial systems for healthcare customers. Through a strong portfolio of tools, WaveMark provides healthcare customers with supply chain visibility and control using proprietary software technology, along with a portfolio of advanced data capture solutions to manage all supplies from low cost commodity supplies to high cost devices, implants and tissue. This allows us to streamline workflows, deliver actionable insights, and provide services to manage change and enable the delivery of cost-effective care within the healthcare environment. We are seeking high-energy, customer-focused team members to join the Cardinal Health team and lead the industry in optimizing supply chain, inventory management, clinical workflow practices and developing the clinically integrated supply chain.
As Senior Product Manager, Interfaces for WaveMark, you will be responsible for the success of Interfaces portfolio for WaveMark, overseeing it throughout the product lifecycle from inception to design, build, launch, growth and end of life. You will be a key enabler of business growth by soliciting insights from internal and external stakeholders, optimizing the product roadmap and on-time delivery of the product roadmap. You’ll be a key contributor to Cardinal Health’s top-line and bottom-line business success.
Top 5 Attributes:
- Driving product roadmap ; agile development process; has led product development from concept to launch & sustainability for similar solution
- Technical Integration Skills / Expertise in healthcare software solutions , ability to understand how to translate unmet customer needs and workflows into requirements to deliver integrations to meet customer needs
- Customer focus ; ability to assess and understand the needs of customers and translate those needs into the technical requirements working closely with engineering agile development teams
- Cross functional team leadership ; ability to set the vision, identify key stakeholders, strategy and plan execution to achieve goals
- Communication skills ; be able to communicate at high level to internal and external stakeholders, including customer, vendor and technical engineering resources; balance conflicting priorities of different internal and external stakeholders and resolve conflict
- Conduct customer research to gather insights, understand personas and customer needs
- Collect and analyze competitive intelligence and market developments to guide development efforts, in collaboration with Product Marketing
- Provide input to portfolio marketing for relevant activities and deliverables (e.g. buyer personas, competitive positioning, market requirements, launch plan)
- Deliver on the vision and strategy for the Interface product portfolio in alignment with overall business strategy
- Provide direction to the product development engineering team and oversee product development
- Following the operating model processes, consistently prioritize and plan product enhancements and drive collaborative approach with cross-organizational team
- Create, document and communicate about products and product roadmaps
- Develop and present the business case for products and master features throughout the various op model stage-gates to drive the right business decision making
- Coordinate the creation of prototypes and testing of product concepts throughout the development cycle, including managing customer beta initiatives
- Document product requirements, user stories and artifacts to support the product development process
- Coordinate activities to ensure new offering readiness, including the desired capabilities and other delivery and launch related deliverables
- Provide support to sales as needed to support the delivery of new solutions
- Monitor product adoption and use, collect customer feedback and integrate into portfolio strategy
- Monitor the success of the technology portfolio solution with key performance metrics; including customer adoption and launch metrics to include on time delivery within budget
- Cross-functional communication across the organization
- Utilize and drive continuous improvement of Product Marketing & Management Operating Model and processes to ensure delivery of product roadmap that is innovative, high quality and leads to high customer adoption
- Create pricing models and facilitate pricing decisions as required, working closely with the commercial and finance teams
- Initiate or manage relevant strategic partnerships including with third-party vendors as needed
- Assist in managing and resolving customer escalations as needed
The ideal candidate is experienced in product management with substantial interfaces, system integration and/or enterprise software experience, that enables driving big-picture portfolio strategy as well being able to translate that into user-story-level issues. The candidate is a strong communicator and consensus-builder, bringing together market/business needs and technical teams. The candidate is fluent in both ‘health care end user’ and developer-speak.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, Master’s degree also preferred
- 5+ years of product management experience, including within technology and/or software development solutions
- Healthcare technical experience a huge plus and/or work in related segments surrounding system integration, supply chain, or inventory management
- Strong administrative and management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects, programs and objectives to tactical project execution
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership, including stakeholder engagement with sales, marketing, operational and engineering/technical functions
- Highly collaborative, able to navigate cultural and differing perspectives across multiple functions
- Stellar conceptualization skills – demonstrated ability to visualize complex concepts in a way that drives understanding and decision-making
- Stellar communication skills (written, verbal & presentation). Able to bring business and technical people together around clear product concepts, and motivate them to deliver whole, working solutions
- Agile experience: strong partnering with Engineering related to roadmap planning, strategy and delivery
- Travel required – approximately 15-20% depending upon location
- Preferred work location – Concord, MA
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs