Cardinal Health Senior Embedded Systems Engineer in Concord, Massachusetts
This position is hybrid and will be based from the Concord, MA, facility.
What R & D Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Research and Development Engineering is responsible for developing and implementing new products through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering and documentation practices.
WaveMark™ Supply Management & Workflow Solutions, a Cardinal Health Company, is a SaaS solution enabling healthcare providers and manufacturers to effectively manage supplies with market-leading innovative technology. WaveMark leverages a portfolio of advanced hardware (e.g. RFID) and cloud-based software including an advanced analytics platform providing full visibility and control of all supplies from low cost commodities to high cost devices and implants. Our global footprint and continuous innovation deliver the most cost effective and workflow efficient patient care possible.
The primary purpose of the Senior Embedded Systems Engineer is to lead efforts to design, develop, test and refine Firmware on the New Product Development Team for WaveMark. Specifically, this job is responsible for the creation and improvements to Microcontroller Hardware and Interface Systems. As part of working in a cross functional technical environment, this job requires coordination with manufacturers, business partners, and vendors to ensure project success.
- Serves as the resident Firmware Expert on a New Product Development Team.
- Partners with other internal team members to develop products from concept to production
- Maintains, administers and effectively works within component database systems (Arena).
- Designs Microcontroller Hardware and Interface Systems (Medium Complexity, Compact Design PCBs)
- Develops Firmware for Microcontrollers (Atmel) including Real Time Systems and Diagnostics Scripts
- Responsible for General Analog and Digital Design including I/O, Power/Battery/Charge circuit; ensuring RoHS Compliance; Medium Volume Production
- Responsible for PCB Design including Schematic Capture, BOM generation, Components Selection, Designs for Test, and quick-turn prototyping
- Ensuring design for Regulatory Compliance (Safety and EMC/EMI)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in related field required
- 2+ years related work experience (in Embedded Systems or related field)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Firmware Development experience
- General Analog and Digital Design experience
- Understanding of appropriate UL/CE/CSA Certifications
- Familiar with Circuit Design Software, Altium preferred
- Root-cause failure analysis
- Linux knowledge
- Test Equipment understanding (signal generator, power meter, VNA, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope)
- Design of HF and UHF circuits for RFID a Plus
- LabVIEW, MATLAB, LTSpice a Plus
- RF Understanding a Plus (13.56MHz ISM Band and 850-950 MHz UHF RFID; FCC Compliance)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs