Kayem Foods, Inc. Production Worker $16 hour in Chelsea, Massachusetts
Responsible for product quality, quantity and adherence to the schedule, as well as delivering product in a productive manner, delivering quality results. Fill in as Team Leader when needed: aiding supervisor in real time management of operations and to function as a surrogate supervisor in the supervisor absence.
• Visually inspect the product for any non- conforming areas, and set aside any non-conforming products.
• Insure adequate quantities of product are supplied to fill orders.
• Must be able to learn and perfom all facets of packaging equipment operation (Mulitivac, Robotics, Labeling, X-Ray and Check Weigh)
• Maintain clean, sanitary, and safe work practices, tools and area.
• Maintain knowledge of USDA and HACCP requirements.
• Flexibility to do all jobs on the line through rotation.
• Other duties as assigned/needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PRODUCTION SERVICES:
• Conducts first piece inspection to ensure conformance to product specifications and schedule.
• Conducts operational audits multiple times per shift to ensure good manufacturing practices (supply monitoring, temperature monitoring, product handling, employee hygiene, and process control).
• Immediately sets aside non-conforming products and communicates all variance in product and process to the department Team Leader or Supervisor.
• Responsible for the final inspection of each pallet, rack, or batch of product.
• Provides input to Supervisor on mechanical, material, and staffing deviations, including start and stop times.
• Fills in for each position in the department as needed to cover absences and breaks,
• Maintains clean, sanitary, and safe work area and enforces safe work practices.
• Must comply with OSHA, USDA and GMP requirements, including the completion of all production reports as required.
• Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to have working knowledge of processing equipment operation, processing specifications, and labeling requirements. Individual must also have basic knowledge of mathematics and calculations relating to the production. Must be fluent in English and be able to fill out paper work like productivity reports and other miscellaneous paper work. All interested candidates will be required to take an English Literacy exam. If you are interested in this position, please complete and return an Internal Job Posting Application.
PAY GRADE: Grade 6,