Carrier Sr Building Automation Specialist in Canton, Massachusetts
United States of America
CAM69: ALC - Mass (Canton) 95 Shawmut Road , Canton, MA, 02021 USA
Automated Logic Corporation provides innovative building-management solutions that maximize energy efficiency and sustainable building operation while ensuring comfort. Its intuitive products control and monitor building functions such as heating, air conditioning and lighting for commercial office, education, health care, government and data center markets through a global network of independent dealers and North American branch offices. Automated Logic is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, the leading global provider of healthy, safe and sustainable building and cold chain solutions.
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings.
If you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills and passion for customers, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a results oriented, customer focused Building Automation System Specialist to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation. Automated Logic offers great company benefits including, but not limited to: Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance, retirement planning options, time off, and much more!
Building Automation System Specialist (Lead System Specialist)
· Assist with startup, commission and re-commission of customer systems that utilize pneumatic / electrical / electronic technology
· Maintain accurate As-Built drawing package and make changes in Visio, Excel, Word, as required
· Responsible for calibration of systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/ or a laptop computer
· Assist in static (stand-alone) and dynamic (total building interactive network) commissioning of software programming
· Assist in the set-up of operator workstations with all associated software
· Responsible for performing job database backups on a daily basis or as advised
· Assist with turnover to service
· Track and record job progress and keep lead project personnel informed on progress
· Keep project management apprised of concerns and issues
· Complete paperwork on-time including time sheets, expense reports, posting of work orders, on-site documentation and project status reports
· Communicate with lead project personnel upon arrival and before leaving the work site
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
· High School Diploma or equivalent, plus additional specialized courses or short-term training (one year or less) with minimum of 8+ years’ experience
· Associates Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (two years duration) with minimum of 5+ years’ experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Building Automation (or equivalent) with minimum of 3+ years’ experience
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
· Possess and maintain valid and current Driver’s License and be insurable by our company’s insurance carrier
· Willingness to travel in excess of 50% of typical work week, mostly local travel and seldom overnight hotel stays
· Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment in excess of 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
· Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control
· Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link (https://www.corporate.carrier.com/legal/privacy-notice-job-applicant/) to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
- Carrier Jobs