Novartis Pharmaceuticals Senior Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacologist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
#1 cause of death globally is Cardiovascular disease, according to the World Health Organization. Our team is committed to reducing this alarming statistic by developing new and innovative therapies based on a deep understanding of the disease biology. We conceive, develop, validate and employ pharmacological tools to evaluate the efficacy and safety of novel cardiovascular drug candidates.
As an In Vivo Pharmacologist, you will work independently and collaboratively in an inter-disciplinary setting to execute studies, analyze data, write study reports and give oral presentations to support drug discovery, while broadening your knowledge in the field.
What you’ll be doing:
• Conducting in vivo pharmacology studies in support of research projects targeting chronic heart failure
• Applying emerging technical trends and experimental innovations in scientific methodologies to cardiovascular research
• Conducting independent data analysis and interpretation to support key decision making in drug-discovery project teams
Senior Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacologist
What you will bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in biological sciences
• 8-10 years of experience in conducting cardiovascular physiological or pharmacological studies
• Experience establishing surgical rodent models of chronic heart failure, renal dysfunction or hemodynamic impairment
• Skilled in state-of-the-art techniques for the study of contractile, hemodynamic and/or electrophysiological parameters in animal models
• An ability to work both independently or as part of a team
• Strong problem solving skills, thinking innovatively and creatively to tackle scientific and operational challenges
• Flexibility and aptitude for learning with a passion to drive cutting edge science
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Research & Development
CVM Disease Area
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.