Mathematica Senior Managing Consultant, Commercial Healthcare and Life Sciences (Remote eligible) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
We are seeking a dynamic, analytic, and self-starting individual to join the Commercial Healthcare and Life Sciences (HCLS) team in our Health Business Unit. The HCLS business development and delivery team focuses on expanding Mathematica’s research, digital, data, and advisory services offerings with clients across the commercial healthcare and life sciences markets. The team is dynamic and engages in both proactive and RFP business development opportunities. This team also leads project delivery engagements with Commercial clients, providing the full 360-degree view of our clients’ needs.
- Business Development o Contribute as a leader to the strategic framework for Mathematica’s ongoing business development activities in commercial markets o Lead proposal teams as they develop technical proposal language and budget specifications used in response to RFPs and other solicitations o Participate as a subject matter expert with account managers on scoping session calls with prospective clients
- Project Delivery o Lead technical project delivery by serving in a project director position o Leverage mixed methods approaches including both qualitative and quantitative frameworks to create rigorous evidence for clients o Apply rigorous analytical problem solving to the design and execution of client work across Commercial HCLS delivery o Author client deliverables including reports, memos, technical assistance tools, presentations, and peer review publications o Mentor junior project delivery staff working in the Commercial HCLS portfolio o Provide the energy, direction, and organization needed to help keep projects on time and on budget and facilitate communications across and between internal and external stakeholders.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D./M.D.) and at least 3 years of experience, OR master’s degree (M.B.A./M.A./M.S./M.P.P./M.P.H.) and at least 8 years of experience working in a project delivery lead role in the context of healthcare or health policy.
- Demonstrated experience leading healthcare related projects, preferably clients in Commercial healthcare (providers, payors, or life sciences).
- Expertise in creating value for clients through delivery of services in areas like research and evaluation, advisory consulting, data analytics, and/or digital lifecycle development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical methods and prior statistical programming experience preferred
- Ability to apply technology to provide solutions for decision makers regarding complex policy issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $110,000 - $155,000. This position is eligible for an annual bonus, based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
/ In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance./
- Available Locations:* Remote; Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Princeton, NJ; Ann Arbor, MI; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Oakland, CA
To select Remote as your location, choose "no preference."
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs