Oracle Senior DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
/At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world./
/Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future./
/You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged./
We are specifically looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with strong Chef and Terraform skills to join the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Group. You will be responsible for the creation, implementation, and maintenance of Chef, Terraform and other automation tools and scripts; with the goal of enabling customers to quickly and easily obtain compliance certification of their OCI environments.
This role includes driving the Compliance-as-a-Service team efforts to automate the compliance lifecycle. Working with multiple teams within the organization, you will support the Compliance-as-a-Service technical mission and team by using your expertise in DevOps in order to automate appropriate controls that can be implemented by customers to create compliant environments built on OCI. Engagements are typically with other DevOps experts, technical program managers, subject matter experts and team managers on projects in varying stages of the design, implementation, and release process. This role includes reporting up and out to executives and senior management.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent
· 5 years related experience
· Strong working knowledge of Cloud IT processes and Cloud IT infrastructure
· Experience implementing Chef and Terraform at scale, preferably in a cloud environment.
· Proven ability to act quickly and iterate through continuous improvement on short sprint cycles.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results through cross-functional virtual teams
· Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
· Strong bias toward action, flexible, resourceful, and able to operate effectively within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
· Positive attitude, team player, self-starter; takes initiative, ability to work independently
· Display a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
/As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended./
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Product Development
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000TC3
- Oracle Jobs