Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Security Operation Manager: $85,000/yr (ALL Shifts Open!) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Job Title: Security Operations Manager
Location: Boston, MA (Seaport District)
Schedules: 7am-3pm / 3pm-11pm / 11pm-7am
Manages physical security operations at multiple critical infrastructure facilities.
Drives safety programming for the security team with a goal of zero workplace injuries onsite.
Actively manages site security personnel; partners with the local branch to recruit and hire, oversee onboarding, training, and development at the sites.
Ensures each staff member is treated with dignity and respect.
Plans, assigns, and manages physical security projects and tasks to timely completion.
Coaches security employees and carries out disciplinary actions in accordance with current policy.
Evaluates the effectiveness of site security operations and provides recommendations for improvement.
Utilizes excellent customer service and communication skills, sets the example and holds site security staff accountable to do the same.
Ensures site health and key performance indicator goals are met or exceeded; works with the Site Lead/ Sr Ops Manager to enhance security team effectiveness and performance.
Meets regularly with the client and Securitas corporate management representatives for account reviews, addresses issues in a timely manner, and supports security planning, assessments, and surveys.
Keeps management informed of major accomplishments, issues, and concerns.
Follows standardized procedures to successfully complete unannounced audits.
Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders to maintain a safe and secure environment.
Splits time equally between sites, building familiarity with each location, leading the team, building the program, and coaching for success.
Performs audits, inspections, penetration test, training & development
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a reliable means of communication, such as cell phone.
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
• Must hold or be able to obtain a valid driver's license or equivalent.
• Must have the legal right to work in the country where the position is located.
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
• Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
• 4 years of experience in the security industry
• 4 years of management experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge and experience with various security technologies including CCTV, access control systems, incident management software, and other video surveillance software
• Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management, Business Management, or a related field
• Prior military or law enforcement a plus but not required
• Have a current passport or be able to obtain one.
• Able to travel (international or domestic, as required) approximately 10% of the time or more, occasionally with limited notice.
• Able to work evening or weekend hours when required, such as during an emergency event or crisis.
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet licensing requirements for security officers, as applicable to local laws and regulation.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, sharing technical concepts to a varied audience.
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the assigned accounts.
• Knowledge of security operations and procedures applicable to a 24-hour facility.
Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
• Skill in staff supervision, including assigning work and providing training and discipline.
• Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
• Ability to track and maintain scheduled assignments.
• Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances.
• Knowledge of business operations management and human resources administration.
• Demonstrates leadership skills, including planning, organizing delegating, problem solving, training, coaching, and praising or disciplining staff in a positive manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required for preparing clear, concise, and grammatically correct materials and communicating information effectively to others.
• Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
• Able to conduct presentations and facilitate group meetings, both in person and online.
• Ability to adapt to change in the external environment and organization.
• Ability to multi-task and complete assignments concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS:
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Required ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Computer usage, which may include prolonged periods of data analysis.
• Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
• Regular talking and hearing.
• May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties.
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
• Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people. Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we're looking for you to join the Securitas team.
About the Team
Our Company Mission:
Securitas' mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas' core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don't compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don't. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers' premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
- Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Jobs